Thoughts about the recent article saying Bledsoe

This reminds me of the recent story of the Rams owner saying that Mike Marts is the Head Coach and will continue to be the head coach next year.

If the owner and head coach and TD have to make a press release or statement to re-iterate the fact that your QB will be the starter next year tells you that something stinks in Denmark and the opposite is true.

If Drew needs the Ralph, Mike and TD to stick up for him means his play on the field is contrary to that statement.

Drew and JP need an open competition for the starting job next year.

This reminds me of the recent story of the Rams owner saying that Mike Marts is the Head Coach and will continue to be the head coach next year.

If the owner and head coach and TD have to make a press release or statement to re-iterate the fact that your QB will be the starter next year tells you that something stinks in Denmark and the opposite is true.

If Drew needs the Ralph, Mike and TD to stick up for him means his play on the field is contrary to that statement.

193366[/snapback]

The headline was misleading, especially considering that the only RW quote is "It wasn't all Drew's fault."

What's the context of that? How about the tone? Ahh, the shortcomings of the written word.

I think Drew will be competing for his job next year. And that will be a good thing for the team and J.P., regardless of the outcome.

193366[/snapback]

I think they will have an open competition and actually any chatter that declares we will have an open competition by someone on the team in a position of importance would actually be a declaration of bias toward the future being now that would mean the fix is in for JP.

If JP does what many seem to feel he is capable of doing in min-camps and in pre-season I doubt he will be denied. By failing to have his team make the playoffs I think Bledsoe has give JP all the opening that he needs to take the job from him.

My sense is that the game will be determined by how much JP used his enforced absence to sit in the booth and download from Sam Wyche in learning NFL Os and Ds like a vet. In addition, he needs to show progress in repetive practice sessions ironing out any mechancal issues he has.

ICE is right in his continual carping that a player must play in order top get better, but he is flat-out wrong in the assertion that starting is the only way to play.

If JP is as good as his press releases or folks seem to feel he is, then facing NFL level speed and competition in practices, in pre-season and in mini-camps will easily be enough to show that he is worth the risk of giving him time in real games.

If this plays out for Bledsoe the same way it did when he started for NE in 2001 when he starts 2 games and gives up the starter role to a young QB who didn't start a game his rookie year, this will be one bummed Bills fan if it takes a near death experience to get Drew out, but I will be one happy Bills fan to see us win an SB.

JP is way ahead of where Brady was in his training for the job mandating a 1st round pick (plus the trade value to get him) and getting some experience running the team successfully in several mop-up duties this year.

If there is open competition for the qb spot next year Drew Bledsoe is our starting quaterback for 2005. I like the future in losman, but I honestly believe he needs another year to sit and learn the nuances of the game, play mop up duty as the #2 qb for a year, Before he takes the field in 2006. Sometimes it's better to have on the job training, than to be thrown into the fire. Like If I owned a large company, and decided to leave that company. I'd train my sucessor, rather than just quitting and say "Ok well the ship is yours best of luck to ya" Either way I think we have a promising future. Mcgahee/Evans/Losman. I like it ;)