[closed]DUI killer, Josh Brent hangs out with teamates on sideline.

#34fan

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/16/4489365/cowboys-support-decision-to-have.html

I couldn't believe it myself. TERRIBLE move by the Cowboys. Terrible example for the younger players.

It's unthinkable that after killing his own teamate, Brent should be allowed to pal-around on the sideline as if nothing happened. -I'm sickened at this horrific lapse in Judgement by the Cowboys FO.

Thoughts?

well on the surface it does feel troubling, but if the family of the deceased is so committed to forgiveness that they would make such an impassioned plea then i think i would go with that

We should all show some class and stop judging a man and an organization when we have no personal ties to the deceased. Jerry Brown's family...they get it. Not to bring religion to a football board, but what they did is the most truly Christian thing you could do . In a moment of devastating loss and heartbreak, they forgave the man who killed their family member.

They realize that he is not completely at fault; yes, he drove highly intoxicated. But he didn't force his best friend into the car, he got in as a willing passenger. Jay Brent in his own hell already. He killed his best friend. Everyone in America knows his name for the wrong reason. Everyone is judging him. His career is over. He's going to do a few years of hard time for the mistake he made. That is enough for Jerry Brown's family, and therefore, it should be for everyone else too.

We should all show some class and stop judging a man and an organization when we have no personal ties to the deceased. Jerry Brown's family...they get it. Not to bring religion to a football board, but what they did is the most truly Christian thing you could do . In a moment of devastating loss and heartbreak, they forgave the man who killed their family member.

They realize that he is not completely at fault; yes, he drove highly intoxicated. But he didn't force his best friend into the car, he got in as a willing passenger. Jay Brent in his own hell already. He killed his best friend. Everyone in America knows his name for the wrong reason. Everyone is judging him. His career is over. He's going to do a few years of hard time for the mistake he made. That is enough for Jerry Brown's family, and therefore, it should be for everyone else too.

VERY well stated.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.