• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Jose,

I guess I should clarify.

- I am really really frustrated right along with you guys

- I was as suprised as everyone when he was taken in the 3rd round

I just want to make sure people are blaming bills mgt for DRAFTING him (which is totally a logical thing to do)

and not blaming TJ Graham himself.....who is gonna make rookie mistakes as a rookie.

I still think TJ Graham is gonna be a player....he needs time.

OK, I see your point...we have a long history here of blaming players for where they're drafted (Whitner comes to mind). And it's not so long ago I recall someone bemoaning "wasting a 1st round pick on this useless little smurf" to CJ Spiller.

The problem is, we continue to draft "projects" in the top rounds, when (in hindsight) players who are able to take the field and contribute strongly to help their teams win in their 1st year are drafted after them.

A football team can not rebuild by drafting "projects" in the first 4 rounds, maybe 1st 5. Projects - players who take 2-3 years to develop and contribute - are a luxury for a team that already has a full stable of starters.

We worked him out.

He was very good.

He was there in the third.

We took a speed reciever with CLUBS for hands instead.

I'm as pissed as you are, OP. However Russell Wilson is guilty of the cardinal sin of WRATH. Sunday he punished Buddy and Chan for their short-sightedness, and stupidity. -I'm very happy for the kid.

Interesting difference in philosophy. Seattle had a functional NFL QB (TJax - he's about where Fitz is, maybe little better arm and not as good head). They signed a high-price FA QB who had performed superbly in limited NFL duty (Flynn), then in addition they drafted a promising rookie in the 3rd and said "may the best man win!"

Buffalo had a less consistent QB (maybe he's great, maybe he's awful - which Fitz will show up? and this season he's mediocre to awful). They signed a bargain-basement fallen star who washed out as a backup with Philly. They passed on a promising rookie (Wilson) in the 3rd in favor of a project WR.

F*@$$ continuity, end the insanity!