Buffalo Bills TV Coverage

Bills!Win!

When it comes to this time of year when the Bills are no longer in the playoffs, I usually look to http://www.the506.com/temp11.html to see what games I will be watching if the Bills are blacked out, or if the game is out of reach and I lose interest. I've always found it interesting to see which parts of the country get to see the different teams play on TV.

One thing I noticed about the Bills Vs. Seahawks game is that Western NY and Most of the NorthWest is obviously airing the game, but then I saw that parts of Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville and Miami will be seeing our game as well. I know this has been brought up before, but never really made into a topic, but why do you suppose these cities are viewing our game instead of other more intriguing matchups, and why only these cities and not their surrounding areas?

-Could it be former players from those teams playing on both teams?

-College players drafted from those areas?

-Playoff Implications?

Edited by Bills!Win!

When it comes to this time of year when the Bills are no longer in the playoffs, I usually look to http://www.the506.com/temp11.html to see what games I will be watching if the Bills are blacked out, or if the game is out of reach and I lose interest. I've always found it interesting to see which parts of the country get to see the different teams play on TV.

One thing I noticed about the Bills Vs. Seahawks game is that Western NY and Most of the NorthWest is obviously airing the game, but then I saw that parts of Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville and Miami will be seeing our game as well. I know this has been brought up before, but never really made into a topic, but why do you suppose these cities are viewing our game instead of other more intriguing matchups, and why only these cities and not their surrounding areas?

-Could it be former players from those teams playing on both teams?

-College players drafted from those areas?

-Playoff Implications?

The NFL has rules about games competing with games in NFL cities. My guess is that Fox doesn't get an early game in those cities so they pick which game they'll show from the late games. Those pickings are slim.

Nice addition all bowl games are listed.

Just a guess but Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville and Miami all can watch their own hometown team play the early game as the first part of a doubleheader on CBS. So if you are the Fox station in those cities and can only air one game, you are going to pick a game that starts at 4 pm (because no matter how good the teams are that you can choose from at 1 pm, everybody's gonna watch their hometown team at 1 pm on CBS anyway).

So that leaves you with three games to choose from at 4 pm.

Arizona has lost 9 games in a row, and got beat 58-0 last week. I wouldn't expect many people to have much interest in watching AZ play anybody this week.

That leaves you 2 options:

Buf/Sea or SD/Carolina

SD is 5-8, Carolina is 4-9

Buf/Sea is probably the best of 3 bad options for Fox stations in Balt, Hou, Jax and Miami.

Yeah these guys got it. The MIA/JAX areas are getting that lovely matchup at 1 on CBS. TB also plays at 1, which leaves the Fox affiliates to choose the best of the 3 turds