New Years Resolution:

The_Real

I am 26 years old and every person I know yells at me about smoking. I knew it was time to quit so I did on New Year's Eve. Now I hate everything.

If I am irrational and argue like a complete fool, there is your explanation.

and I apologize.

;)

T_R

I am 26 years old and every person I know yells at me about smoking.  I knew it was time to quit so I did on New Year's Eve.  Now I hate everything. 

If I am irrational and argue like a complete fool, there is your explanation.

and I apologize. 

;)

T_R

193188[/snapback]

Slap on a patch, bro.....

My thing is that i am going to lose my freaking mind.  I am aggrivated 20 times more than I usually would be.  About everything. 

How do the patches help affect that?  Or the gum?

T_R

193240[/snapback]

I stopped just about a year and a half ago. Before that, I quit about three years ago... one worked, one didn't.

Be careful with nicotine replacement. The first time I quit, I did it with gum. I chewed that junk for a year. The first day I was without a piece of gum, I jumped right back on the smokes.

Gum and patches don't break the nicotine addiction, you're just getting your nicotine from a different place.

If you're having trouble - talk to your Dr. and get some Zyban/Welbutrin. That's the stuff that finally did it for me. Stopped cold turkey on it and didn't even want to light back up.

The good thing is that Zyban isn't a nicotine replacement, so if you DO cheat, you're cool.

-Jeff

My thing is that i am going to lose my freaking mind.  I am aggrivated 20 times more than I usually would be.  About everything. 

How do the patches help affect that?  Or the gum?

T_R

193240[/snapback]

We use patches in the hospital.....seems to take the edge off more than anything. It's not going to make it "easy" to quit, but they do help. Not sure about the gum.

hey cablelady is that a gratuitous crotch shot as your avatar?

193221[/snapback]

let's call a spade a spade: harriet, he wants to know if that's your crotch.

by the way, after watching the way our favorite team stood up to the steelers, i'm ready to take up smoking.

Sunday was my 2nd day not smoking.  Imagine watching the Bills game in that mind set. 

It was pure hell.

193261[/snapback]

There's all sorts of good drugs out there, man.......tell your doc you're quitting smoking but need some help dealing with the symptoms in the short term........no need to suffer through it when pharmacologics are as accessible as they are ;)

I do have my own form of medication. ;) 

Don't you worry about me.   

lol

193267[/snapback]

lol, well that works too ;)