Captain Checkdown article

I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on that, that thing is alive. WoW!

TE looks like he may have gotten his confidence back, was really throwing the ball with authority during preseason, from what I seen.

He may play well If given a chance. I think Trent understands now his best chance to play again is to be a good mentor for his starter.

Sooner or later TE will get another shot...

TE looks like he may have gotten his confidence back, was really throwing the ball with authority during preseason, from what I seen.

He may play well If given a chance. I think Trent understands now his best chance to play again is to be a good mentor for his starter.

Sooner or later TE will get another shot...

Was talking about his Fu Man Chu having a life of its own, but ok lol

This was what was "off" to me about Edwards. It never came off that he had any passion for the game whatsoever. You look at the greats now like Brady, Manning and even the kids like Luck and Griffin. They play each game with a furiousity that nothing will stop them achieve their goals. Edwards always took me as a guy who found out he was good at football but he didn't really love the game. It was a job to him.

His interviews were melba toast and he never exuded any fire on the sidelines.

i agree with you fully exc about the 'good at football' part

I always felt like Edwards was more comfortable being number 2 than number 1. He never appeared to want it, which really bugged me

In all honesty, is there an easier job in the world than 2nd or 3rd string QB? You don't get the crap beat out of you and you get paid a ton. It sucks to say but I can't blame a guy for being really happy in that role.

I can, youre a NFL starting QB. If you dont want it step aside. Rob Johnson had the same problem

Starting QBs get paid dude. You milk it as long as you can. I've worked at jobs simply because the pay was good. Mike Williams was similar to me. I don't think he really loved football. He just was an agile big guy. As jealous as some of us are they get to play a game for a living, for some players, it's probably just a job where they get paid really well.

He lost his passion for the game.

Can't lose something he never had.

The concussion may have helped, but it was clear from the position battle when he was cleared to play that he liked riding the pine more than playing the position.

The only thing the concussion did was to give his fans an excuse for his "suddenly" poor play.

The dude was terrible from day 1, and never progressed.

There was no difference in his play pre concussion to post concussion.

His fans just want to "believe" there was a difference in order to justify their emotional investment in him even though he desired nothing more than to punch the clock, sit on the bench, and collect a paycheck.

I continue to question his character after watching him run out of bounds and into the tunnel on 4th down with the game on the line. He might be a nice guy but he was a quitter and a chicken**** on the field.

The game wasn't on the line. The Bills were losing 34-7 to Green Bay and it was the last play of the game. Jeez.

The only thing the concussion did was to give his fans an excuse for his "suddenly" poor play.

The dude was terrible from day 1, and never progressed.

There was no difference in his play pre concussion to post concussion.

His fans just want to "believe" there was a difference in order to justify their emotional investment in him even though he desired nothing more than to punch the clock, sit on the bench, and collect a paycheck.

He should have been standing tall and patting the ball in the <cough> pocket behind Bell, Chambers, Hangman, and two rookies. No question. :ph34r:

He should have been standing tall and patting the ball in the <cough> pocket behind Bell, Chambers, Hangman, and two rookies. No question. :ph34r:

"Having a quick release is essential in avoiding a lot of sacks and avoiding taking big hits."

- Trent Edwards, taken from "Sport Science: NFL Quarterback vs. Gunslinger"