Ravi Shankar passes away at 92

dhg

Always loved the story about Ravi and his group opeining the legendary Concert for Bangla Desh...they played a piece that was bout 15-20 minutes, afterwards, the crowd at MSG went nuts with applause...Shankar says they were just tuning their instruments. :lol:

George and him are jamming together again. RIP

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/13/arts/music/ravi-shankar-indian-sitarist-dies-at-92.html?_r=0'>http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/13/arts/music/ravi-shankar-indian-sitarist-dies-at-92.html?_r=0

George and him are jamming together again. RIP

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/13/arts/music/ravi-shankar-indian-sitarist-dies-at-92.html?_r=0

With brian jones

Always loved the story about Ravi and his group opeining the legendary Concert for Bangla Desh...they played a piece that was bout 15-20 minutes, afterwards, the crowd at MSG went nuts with applause...Shankar says they were just tuning their instruments. :lol:

wonderful thing those narcotics...

What's the deal w/Norah Jones... After Ravi ditched her and the mother... Will she make a showing at Ravi's death?

Maybe he will be singing:

"I don't know why I didn't come."

From what I understand, she didn't have much of a relationship with him, if at all...

December 12, 2012 4:55 PM ET

Norah Jones hasn't said much publicly about the death of Ravi Shankar, but then the singer-songwriter has always been circumspect about her influential father and their relationship, usually described in press reports as "distant."

"My dad's music touched millions of people. He will be greatly missed by me and music lovers everywhere," reads the brief statement Jones issued this morning through her record label.

Ravi Shankar Dead at 92

The influential sitar master was 59 when Jones was born, and she saw him only sporadically growing up. "I don't like talking about him because he doesn't have anything to do with me or my music," Jones told Rolling Stone in 2004.

At other times, Jones has been more forthcoming, though much of what she has said about her father has been explaining why she doesn't like talking about him. "Although I love my dad very much, I did only spend a fraction of my adolescence around him," she told The Observer in 2002. "This is probably why I try to downplay our relationship in the press."

December 12, 2012 4:55 PM ET

Norah Jones hasn't said much publicly about the death of Ravi Shankar, but then the singer-songwriter has always been circumspect about her influential father and their relationship, usually described in press reports as "distant."

"My dad's music touched millions of people. He will be greatly missed by me and music lovers everywhere," reads the brief statement Jones issued this morning through her record label.

Ravi Shankar Dead at 92

The influential sitar master was 59 when Jones was born, and she saw him only sporadically growing up. "I don't like talking about him because he doesn't have anything to do with me or my music," Jones told Rolling Stone in 2004.

At other times, Jones has been more forthcoming, though much of what she has said about her father has been explaining why she doesn't like talking about him. "Although I love my dad very much, I did only spend a fraction of my adolescence around him," she told The Observer in 2002. "This is probably why I try to downplay our relationship in the press."

Interesting bbb... Thanks...