section122

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was my first guess. Thanks.

They're definitely getting a bit less obvious than they were at the start. Today's is a nice little reference to the old days of the show.

• 2 months later...

OK, so I have to ask.... In this new barbarian / CoC / whatever update event, how are you guys (Shrader & TheOneWith21) at like 30,000+ gold coins already?

What's the strategy?

I have a lot of donuts, but I won't get into how that happened. Anyway, I used those early for the first level of prizes. After that, I have been using the cheaters a lot, but just on castles. Don't bother with attacking your friend's towns, you get more coins and elixir from going after random towns. What I do is use that button in the top right corner to bring up those random towns and then I send a single nerd per house, typically at night time and hope that people are sleeping. In the morning when I go to the game, I usually have somewhere between 1000-2000 coins waiting for me.

edit: The fact that you even know how many coins I have is a good sign that you're doing it wrong. Like I said, don't bother with going after people on your friend list. You get half the value on those ones that you do for going after random people.

Edited by shrader

I have a lot of donuts, but I won't get into how that happened. Anyway, I used those early for the first level of prizes. After that, I have been using the cheaters a lot, but just on castles. Don't bother with attacking your friend's towns, you get more coins and elixir from going after random towns. What I do is use that button in the top right corner to bring up those random towns and then I send a single nerd per house, typically at night time and hope that people are sleeping. In the morning when I go to the game, I usually have somewhere between 1000-2000 coins waiting for me.

edit: The fact that you even know how many coins I have is a good sign that you're doing it wrong. Like I said, don't bother with going after people on your friend list. You get half the value on those ones that you do for going after random people.

yup.

Only attack castles. Use no more than 4 guys at night per balding. Use 8 or more in day.

Edited by jboyst62

• 1 month later...

Ok, this Holloween update is more fun then the last update with Clash of Thrones or whatever it was but I don't understand one thing. After I clicked on a bunch of towns I stopped getting rewarded for clicking on the monsters. I just get money, no Holloween token credits of any type.

Shrader already has a ton somehow?

Ok, this Holloween update is more fun then the last update with Clash of Thrones or whatever it was but I don't understand one thing. After I clicked on a bunch of towns I stopped getting rewarded for clicking on the monsters. I just get money, no Holloween token credits of any type.

Shrader already has a ton somehow?

I sped up the first reward with donuts. I'm going to play the rest of it normally. Anyway, I think there's a daily cap on the halloween rewards kind of like what they do with the friend points. You only get the halloween stuff for the first X monsters you click on in another town, per day.

I hope their changes to how you buy buildings and decorations work out well. It was getting to be a pain in the ass to find the right kind of fence when expanding your town.

edit: Oh, and nice Beerball pond at the bottom of your town.

Edited by shrader

I sped up the first reward with donuts. I'm going to play the rest of it normally. Anyway, I think there's a daily cap on the halloween rewards kind of like what they do with the friend points. You only get the halloween stuff for the first X monsters you click on in another town, per day.

I hope their changes to how you buy buildings and decorations work out well. It was getting to be a pain in the ass to find the right kind of fence when expanding your town.

edit: Oh, and nice Beerball pond at the bottom of your town.

Ha! I don't know how to screen shot it but I wish he could see.

I know what you mean about the fences. I have like 5 unused tiles in my fortress town. I did that so if they ever go back to dropping Easter eggs and the gremlins that they would not be able to run where I could not see them. That and the roads don't generate money - although, I stopped clicking on the buildings about 6 months ago and hold steady at about $8mm. If I clicked my town twice a day and send everyone on 24 hours missions I generate $800,000 roughly.

edit not knowing who else is still with us here i will just send all the monsters your way that i collect. if i figure out they're bad to send to your town i'll send them to someone else but i have about 40 people on the neighbors list that i don't know.

Edited by jboyst62

Ha! I don't know how to screen shot it but I wish he could see.

I know what you mean about the fences. I have like 5 unused tiles in my fortress town. I did that so if they ever go back to dropping Easter eggs and the gremlins that they would not be able to run where I could not see them. That and the roads don't generate money - although, I stopped clicking on the buildings about 6 months ago and hold steady at about $8mm. If I clicked my town twice a day and send everyone on 24 hours missions I generate $800,000 roughly.

edit not knowing who else is still with us here i will just send all the monsters your way that i collect. if i figure out they're bad to send to your town i'll send them to someone else but i have about 40 people on the neighbors list that i don't know.

I wish it wasn't so boring going around tapping each building. I need a lot of cash to get the new $10 million building they added. I know I could do it pretty quickly if I played a couple times a day, but I don't have the patience for that. This event will draw me back in a bit more though. I like that they have staged it a bit so that new things open up later in the month. That should keep it interesting.

And with the gremlins, I just send everything I have to whatever town I happen to be visiting. I don't think they bring too many extra items to anyone.

I did run into a nice little glitch in the game yesterday. I shot down a UFO in a town and it started a little loop where I kept getting the reward for it over and over. I think I got about 10 of the treat bags before it finally stopped. I hope I run into that problem a few more times.

At first it seemed a bit too much to understand it all, but I'm liking this. The Simpsons does Halloween right!

At least there's no frickin' spin wheel like Easter. I got nothing good during that.

Broke down and got Frink's Ray Gun today (it gives one UFO ammo every 8 hours and got Kodos), as well as the drive-in movie with the Slime Monster.

At first it seemed a bit too much to understand it all, but I'm liking this. The Simpsons does Halloween right!

At least there's no frickin' spin wheel like Easter. �� I got nothing good during that.

Broke down and got Frink's Ray Gun today (it gives one UFO ammo every 8 hours and got Kodos), as well as the drive-in movie with the Slime Monster.

still not spent a dime on the game. got 10 free doughnuts a while back with one of the promos.

spent 6 on a mystery box, because why not. got a homer budha. open homer budha and get a box of 10 doughnuts, open another mystery box because why not, get another homer budha. open that homer budha and get 60 doughnuts. so again, open a mystery box and get a homer budha. open homer budha, get a bench with homers pants.

• 3 weeks later...

still not spent a dime on the game. got 10 free doughnuts a while back with one of the promos.

spent 6 on a mystery box, because why not. got a homer budha. open homer budha and get a box of 10 doughnuts, open another mystery box because why not, get another homer budha. open that homer budha and get 60 doughnuts. so again, open a mystery box and get a homer budha. open homer budha, get a bench with homers pants.

that's cool Jboyst. i spent like 5 bucks a year or more ago. it's actually very easy not to waste money on this game.

still pretty funny with the lines and stuff.

Someone is in my town and needs to log out. everytime i log in, it tells me im logged into another device already. i hope whoever that is will be nice enough to just log out and not sell all my stuff.

has anyone ever seen this message? if so, how did you fix, if you did fix?

that's cool Jboyst. i spent like 5 bucks a year or more ago. it's actually very easy not to waste money on this game.

still pretty funny with the lines and stuff.

Someone is in my town and needs to log out. everytime i log in, it tells me im logged into another device already. i hope whoever that is will be nice enough to just log out and not sell all my stuff.

has anyone ever seen this message? if so, how did you fix, if you did fix?

just log in and and select play now.

at the very worst they spent some of your doughnuts and then you just email EA and tell them that someone logged in to your town somehow and you have no idea who and now want your stuff back...

i've had it happen when i log in several times that for whatever reason i get someone elses town, someone i don't recognize. i immediately change all sorts of things. erase all the roads, put all the characters in storage and sell off some things then buy all the stupid stuff they don't need. if they have doughtnuts, i am thoughtful and get them good stuff, like Otto and the bus, or some of the other things they may not have but would appreciate.

of course, i'm a dick, so there is that.

i've been doing pretty good at the game not spending any money, though. i had 256 doughnuts accumulated since July. I peaked out on the friend points and now every about 20th time i click on a friends town i get a doughnut. i don't often visit neighbors though.

No dude. I know that screen. Im not getting that. It says you are logged in on another device. When I hit log in it takes me to the video at the beginning of the game. Ive tried logging out. I even changed my pw. It shows my screen name. But when I hit login, opening video each time. Whack man.

It doesn't look like level 45 and someone blew my town up. that I could understand. It looks like im starting from scratch since someone is logged into my account.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

No dude. I know that screen. Im not getting that. It says you are logged in on another device. When I hit log in it takes me to the video at the beginning of the game. Ive tried logging out. I even changed my pw. It shows my screen name. But when I hit login, opening video each time. Whack man.

It doesn't look like level 45 and someone blew my town up. that I could understand. It looks like im starting from scratch since someone is logged into my account.

Email EA, they are rather generous. Explain that you've spent money on the game.