Michigan Teachers

/dev/null

That happened in Wisconsin too, after Walker limited collective bargaining power. Lots of teachers went to Madison to protest, and the schools closed. Even better, some doctor's were there writing out notes saying they were sick and should be excused. Ridiculous.

That happened in Wisconsin too, after Walker limited collective bargaining power. Lots of teachers went to Madison to protest, and the schools closed. Even better, some doctor's were there writing out notes saying they were sick and should be excused. Ridiculous.

They are sick, but there's no excuse for their behavior.

I am torn on this issue... I am an ultra lefty and yet I lean pro-right to work. Working for the federal gov't is sorta "right to work." With the Fed you don't have to pay union dues if you do not want to, it seems to work out.

Sounds like grounds for termination from the People's Party, Comrade. I'll be ratting you out via the White House's tattle line directly...

Sounds like grounds for termination from the People's Party, Comrade. I'll be ratting you out via the White House's tattle line directly...

:-P I am union/pro-union. I am not sure with the law(s)... Does the Union have to fight hard for the non-union dues payers? Sure they get the benefit of the pack/bargaining unit.

I am torn on this issue... I am an ultra lefty and yet I lean pro-right to work. Working for the federal gov't is sorta "right to work." With the Fed you don't have to pay union dues if you do not want to, it seems to work out.

Not for the local thug union rep who wants a new Escalade it doesn't.

Schoolteachers have vacation days in addition to their holidays and their summers? Really?

growing up in ohio it was union for teachers. They would usually take at least a week off before and after winter break for vacations, cruises. Etc

I went to a top pubic school, one of the better in the larger area.

Exactly.

And what's the furor over? Michigan is now the 24th right-to-work state.

THANK YOU !

I was trapped in a waiting room 2 days ago (to get my PPD done) and CNN was on, and their bias about this story was almost beyond parody. Not once, did they mention the obvious, that many other states are already "right to work", nor did they mention the union violence (at least in that report)

THANK YOU !

I was trapped in a waiting room 2 days ago (to get my PPD done) and CNN was on, and their bias about this story was almost beyond parody. Not once, did they mention the obvious, that many other states are already "right to work", nor did they mention the union violence (at least in that report)

That is why I made my comment... Even being pro-union. I was surprised to see Iowa as "right to work." Like above, I also mentioned the Fed too... We will see how it works out in Michigan... And what the culture will on the assembly line... Most will probably choose to pay into the union. Will be interesting to see the numbers in a state like Michigan.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois