George Wilson is teflon coated

PromoTheRobot

His hands must be because he can't catch a ball anymore...and no one is blaming him for dropping easy INTs against the Titans and Rams which would have won those games.

PTR

I don't remember what threads I said it in about 3 weeks ago, but i don't remember the last BIG play George Wilson made. We need to upgrade at S in the offseason. The first dropped INT opportunity vs. the Rams would've been a pick 6 to end the game.

I like George, but he has not had a good year. In addition to the dropped INTs, he has been poor in coverage. I wonder if he will be on the team next year. If he is, he probably will end up being a back up.

It sure seems he is in decline. Really the year after lil Donte left he shined. They need a big upgrade there. He's a liability now. He can fall back on his modeling career.

Great Bill and a team player, but he's done.

His hands must be because he can't catch a ball anymore...and no one is blaming him for dropping easy INTs against the Titans and Rams which would have won those games.

PTR

He's not Donte Whitner, so he gets a free pass no matter how bad he plays (and he's been downright awful this season).

We have a bunch of players barely over 30 who aren't looking too good this season: Wilson, Barnett, Jackson, Scott, Kelsay who has never looked good but may be permanently done now with the neck injury, and of course McGee...

Pro football is truly a young man's game.

We have a bunch of players barely over 30 who aren't looking too good this season: Wilson, Barnett, Jackson, Scott, Kelsay who has never looked good but may be permanently done now with the neck injury, and of course McGee...

Pro football is truly a young man's game.

And this is a concept that is only partly understood.

Ultimately all these guys are individuals. I see people say things like "he's only 31 years old, he shouldn't be in decline." But all these guys "age" differently.

For every London Fletcher, Brian Urlacher, Charles Tillman, Ray Lewis there are guys whose bodies are totally shot by the age of 30 like Lee Evans, Peerless Price, John Holocek, etc.

A player's age is only a starting guideline and after that you have to look at performance.

As for George, what BPA said. I like the guy, he's been a good Bill, but we need to replace him. BTW, I'm pretty happy with Searcy.

Searcy's essentially Donte Whitner at a much lower price. Same player, as far as I'm concerned.

He's not Donte Whitner, so he gets a free pass no matter how bad he plays (and he's been downright awful this season).

So true. I believe you and I were the last guys on this board to defend Whitner. I said all along Whitner was the better player but he never got a fair shake here because of where he was drafted.

On a playoff team, guys make those plays. Wilson made those plays last year. But he regressed big time this year. Love the guy as a person but I hope he stays with us as a backup only.