New "Star Trek: Into Darkness" trailer

Buftex

And apparently they didn't put that last teaser at the very end in the trailer here in the US.

I guess this one is based on the characters from the original (second) pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before"...the episode with Sally Kellerman. Gary Mithcell didn't have a british accent in that one!

I guess this one is based on the characters from the original (second) pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before"...the episode with Sally Kellerman. Gary Mithcell didn't have a british accent in that one!

If you buy the premise of the first of these new movies, the events of "Where No Man Has Gone Before" never happened - none of any Star Trek did. The Romulans coming back thru time changed it all.

Right?

If you buy the premise of the first of these new movies, the events of "Where No Man Has Gone Before" never happened - none of any Star Trek did. The Romulans coming back thru time changed it all.

Right?

Until someone goes back and time and fixes it yes.

Right?

****....how am I supposed to remember that?

"Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" is by far and away the best ST production, whether it be episode or movie, that was and ever will be.

Hmm...liked it a lot, don't get me wrong...but I can think of a few multi-episode story archs from Next Generation (The Best of Both Worlds- introduced the Borg, by far, IMO, the best post orignal addition to the Trek universe, other than 7 of Nines' spandex) and Deep Space Nine that were pretty outstanding.

Right?

But wasn't there a theme of destiny in the first one? No matter what happened, Kirk and Spock were destined to be friends. They could bring on more of the same here with any other character from the original show and movies.

...so clearly the villain is Sybok

But wasn't there a theme of destiny in the first one? No matter what happened, Kirk and Spock were destined to be friends. They could bring on more of the same here with any other character from the original show and movies.

...so clearly the villain is Sybok

This is how I always took it.

It's a parallel universe kinda deal, Spock with Uhura rather than Kirk, Kirk's dad being dead rather than alive -- it preserves the original universe and series while simultaneously rebooting the franchise and letting them retell stories in new ways.

This is how I always took it.

It's a parallel universe kinda deal, Spock with Uhura rather than Kirk, Kirk's dad being dead rather than alive -- it preserves the original universe and series while simultaneously rebooting the franchise and letting them retell stories in new ways.

Damn that's convenient.

Thinking the cute blondie is Janice Rand? Any thoughts?

I do not think Cumberbatch is either Khan or Gary Mitchell. Khan would be way to controversial and hacky for JJ to pull out of the hat, and Gary Mitchell? What the hell kind of villian is named Gary Mitchell? Doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of your enemies...

I do not think Cumberbatch is either Khan or Gary Mitchell. Khan would be way to controversial and hacky for JJ to pull out of the hat, and Gary Mitchell? What the hell kind of villian is named Gary Mitchell? Doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of your enemies...

Are you shitting me? I'd love to see khan survive his brutal pvc pipe beating and return to glorious villainy! But how, oh how, could you replace Ricardo Montalban?

Someone for Kirk to get involved with... And yeah she was cute in the original. Never was sure about the checkboard hair tho.

jrand.jpg

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I think she is the character played by Sally Kellerman in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Carolyn Dehner. The "cute blonde" you refer to is kind of decked out like Dehner (same color uni, hair style)...of course, other speculation is that the bad guy is going to be Charlie X...remember that kid? Rand would play a factor in his story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDTGUIXdftU

According to EW, the villans name will be John Harrison...

http://www.eonline.com/news/370235/star-trek-into-darkness-spoiler-alert-benedict-cumberbatch-villain-revealed-sort-of

Edited by Buftex

I saw some pictures from the movie posted on facebook yesterday linked to Paramount. It had the villain labeled as "John Harrison", but that could wind up being just a cover name. I thought I also saw that the blonde is supposed to be Carol Marcus. People will want to say that means Khan is in the movie, but Kirk knew her for years since their son was a 20 something in the 3rd movie.