Is Stevie Johnson Playing Scared?

BuffBill

Agree 100%. Stevie Johnson and Mario Williams are the real problems with this team. Hopefully, we can unload those 2 scrubs for midround picks in the offseason.

Me too. This team has clearly demonstrated it can go 6-10 with em or without em. Easier schedule than last year and throwing money yielded, essentially, the same result. Seeing a trend here?

I'm not happy with Stevie or ANY Bills player dropping balls. It happens oftern in every game on every team.

maybe if Fitzdoesn't put his rcvrs in bad situations and then deliver a long ball on target.

yes the Offense has regressed since last season. Why is that? Fred over CJ? Dumb play calling, pooe time management and NOT calling the refs out on their blunders. You have a RED hanky aka challenge flag Chan USE IT!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Does anyone on this team have any fight? All year when this team gets a lead, instead of finishing anyone off, they let them hang around and steal wins that should have been ours. Directly a result of the coaches. But back to Stevie, he has never been the type of player to have huge YAC plays and truly is best in tight spaces and using his agility to create separation. He simply isn't fast enough to beat the kind of attention he gets with only Scott Chandler as a complementary weapon. Here is the link for drops this year. Stevie not in there.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=receiving&rank=232&year=

There is a wide receiver on this team who isn't living up to his status and contract, and who deserves a boatload of criticism.

His name is George Wilson.

Leave Stevie alone. I'm pretty sure that the pass he alligator-armed on Sunday was a play he thought was going to the other side of the field, a quick screen or something. It wasn't that he was worried about getting hit - he wasn't even looking for the ball until the very last split-second.

26th in receiving yards. Fitz 21st in passing yards. 2 average guys at dynamic positions.

Good point. I'm sure having a QB who is 31 st in passing has no affect on his receivers. I'm sure if the Bills had a different QB, SJ's #s would be exactly the same if not worse.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Stevie is NOT playing scared. A player playing scared does not chase down an interception, create a fumble and then recover said fumble. He's playing smart, not scared. Good for him, because he is the only one on the team besides CJ and Lindell who can perform and are vocal about being are sick and tired of the lack of effort from other players and especially from the Coaching staff.

Good point. I'm sure having a QB who is 31 st in passing has no affect on his receivers. I'm sure if the Bills had a different QB, SJ's #s would be exactly the same if not worse.

Exactly. If we had an AVERAGE QB. A Romo for example, Steve would be a pro bowl player every year. His moves to create separation are ridiculous, just ask Revis. The problem is we don't have a QB who can throw with the necessary precision. Imagine if we had a QB like Manning or Luck. I think we need a new QB and Bruce Ariens as HC next year.

While I like Stevie the harsh reality is he is not a #1 WR, even in this offense with Fitz throwing him the ball.He doesn't take over games or make the big cathces for first downs or TD for that matter. Last game he dropped a pass that hit him in stride for a 1st down that would have let us run out the clock. #1s make that play. He is a very good Wr but in this system and with all of the other issues holding him back he will always be a #2.

While I like Stevie the harsh reality is he is not a #1 WR, even in this offense with Fitz throwing him the ball.He doesn't take over games or make the big cathces for first downs or TD for that matter. Last game he dropped a pass that hit him in stride for a 1st down that would have let us run out the clock. #1s make that play. He is a very good Wr but in this system and with all of the other issues holding him back he will always be a #2.

What the hell is a number 1 anyway? The guy that gets open and catches the most passes? O you mean Stevie the past 3 years? Got it. Hes a number two because Bills fans need to feel inadequate for some reason. Ask Tom Brady if hed rather have Stevie or Brandon Lloyd

What the hell is a number 1 anyway? The guy that gets open and catches the most passes? O you mean Stevie the past 3 years? Got it. Hes a number two because Bills fans need to feel inadequate for some reason. Ask Tom Brady if hed rather have Stevie or Brandon Lloyd

Brandon Lloyd isn't the Patriots #1, ask Brady if he would rather have Stevie or Wes Welker? A #1 is one who rarely ever drops passes, has the size and strength to jump and wrestle the football away from defenders. Someone who the whole world knows the QB will be going to in clutch situations, yet he still gets it done. Stevie is a really good receiver, but I agree with the previous posts in that he is a really good #2, not a top line #1 receiver, not close.

Brandon Lloyd isn't the Patriots #1, ask Brady if he would rather have Stevie or Wes Welker? A #1 is one who rarely ever drops passes, has the size and strength to jump and wrestle the football away from defenders. Someone who the whole world knows the QB will be going to in clutch situations, yet he still gets it done. Stevie is a really good receiver, but I agree with the previous posts in that he is a really good #2, not a top line #1 receiver, not close.

Again, I asked before, show me a #2 receiver who has back to back to back(possibly) 1000 yard seasons.

My problem with Stevie isn't that he slides down before absorbing a hit....it's that even in the rare times he is streaking down the field open on a bomb, he still gets run down from behind.

You just now realized that Stevie is not a track star? Why do you think he was drafted in the 7th round?

They showed him #1 wr money and he aint any better than a marginal #2. They showed Fitz starter money for backup performance. Mario got huge coin to dominate. He doesn't. So, who's next to take the moneyand relax?

A real owner (Bob Kraft) would demand more from them. He'd be asking them to give money back or hit the road. Ralph only demands you show up and pretend to play football.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ignorance is bliss.

Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall, Jordy nelson, Greg Jennings, should I continue? Ask yourself if Stevie is on par or better than anyone of these guys?? Thats what i thought, not every team has a #1, they can call them that for playbook purposes, Stevie sure makes a great salary for a "#1".