Sigh...Andre Reed

djp14150

Reggie Wayne is one of the very best of his generation. His accomplishment does not diminish Reed's in any way. In fact, his game reminds me very much of Reed's. Same exact class of receiver, both deserving a home in Canton.

Tell that to the voters.

Reggie Wayne is one of the very best of his generation. His accomplishment does not diminish Reed's in any way. In fact, his game reminds me very much of Reed's. Same exact class of receiver, both deserving a home in Canton.

That is the problem .. Wayne does not deserve to be in Canton. He would have been an above average WR in other eras, not a great one.

Reed will get in. Stallworth and Swan were stars in the era when 40 catches was a big number in the NFL. Both made th HoF way after their careers ended.

Reed's time will come.

Ralph helped shape the league...Levy was out-coached in four SuperBowls in which Andre set receiving records. He should have Levy's spot. To this day I can not figure out how he made it.

Twenty years later and some are still making the case that Levy was out-coached. Given what we just witnessed again today, I would give anything to have a Marv Levy-caliber coach on the sidelines compared to Gailey (or for that matter, any of the buffoons that have been patroling the Bills' sideline since Levy retired). Marv knew how to manage the clock, used his star running back correctly, and coached aggressively (remember him passing on a sure field goal and going for it on a 4th and 8 in the redzone during the comeback game against Houston, for example).

That is the problem .. Wayne does not deserve to be in Canton. He would have been an above average WR in other eras, not a great one.

Reed will get in. Stallworth and Swan were stars in the era when 40 catches was a big number in the NFL. Both made th HoF way after their careers ended.

Reed's time will come.

Agreed. Wayne wasn't even the best WR on his team, and Andre > Harrison.

Twenty years later and some are still making the case that Levy was out-coached. Given what we just witnessed again today, I would give anything to have a Marv Levy-caliber coach on the sidelines compared to Gailey (or for that matter, any of the buffoons that have been patroling the Bills' sideline since Levy retired). Marv knew how to manage the clock, used his star running back correctly, and coached aggressively (remember him passing on a sure field goal and going for it on a 4th and 8 in the redzone during the comeback game against Houston, for example).

You can't compare Levy to Gailey. I'm sure half the members on this board could coach better than him

Perhaps you should watch the Giants SuperBowl again... Look I'm not saying Levy was a bad coach but I am just shocked he made it to the HOF. And if you buy into the theory that he didn't have control of his team the days leading up to the SuperBowl the way Parcells, Johnson, and Gibbs did then yes maybe he was a bad coach for the most critical time of the season. HOF coach during training camp so the veterans could stay fresh. Ok you got me.

Perhaps you should watch the Giants SuperBowl again... Look I'm not saying Levy was a bad coach but I am just shocked he made it to the HOF. And if you buy into the theory that he didn't have control of his team the days leading up to the SuperBowl the way Parcells, Johnson, and Gibbs did then yes maybe he was a bad coach for the most critical time of the season. HOF coach during training camp so the veterans could stay fresh. Ok you got me.

I thought Kelly was calling the plays...