George Wilson - where did you go?

Spiderweb

What has happened to Wilson? He used to be able to make some plays, yet this year he's been roasted and toasted consistently and today, with one golden shot at putting the game away, and then a second chance as well, he failed miserably.....

I have seen enough of George. Time for him to move on along with Chan.....

Old age catching up...

I'm confused as how that's affected his ability to catch. He's always been a below-average coverage safety, but had good hands. Now, that's completely disappeared; I'm shocked that a former WR drops two catchable balls.

There's a reason they wanted Barron I think

Barron has been about as good as Gilmore this season (read: average). I wonder what our CBs would look like had we drafted Barron; McKelvin and Williams as starters?

Nice to see George out there hugging all the Rams players almost as soon as the game ended. What a prince. After dropping two game ending interceptions, and completing blowing the coverage that led to the Tenessee loss, he is the first guy out there hugging the opposition. We need to get rid of losers like this.

I'm guessing this is the thread where people start reminding us that George Wilson was/is better than Whitner?

:lol:

Well, Whitner is no Ronnie Lott and wasn't worth what he thought he was... but, Wilson isn't adapting to the Wannstedt defense very well at all.

Were is Dick Jauron? I hear he's a very good DB coach. B-)

:lol:

Well, Whitner is no Ronnie Lott and wasn't worth what he thought he was... but, Wilson isn't adapting to the Wannstedt defense very well at all.

Were is Dick Jauron? I hear he's a very good DB coach. B-)

I get the impression that he's about worth what he ended up getting but rubbed people in the front office the wrong way.

I'm guessing this is the thread where people start reminding us that George Wilson was/is better than Whitner?

Wilson gained his popularity for his past ability to come up with some big plays. Now that he's not making any, his deficiencies are glaring now......