massively outcoached today w/regard to game management

You would think Gailey would have learned from the Titans game that he should have gone for two after they went up by five late in the 3rd regardless of what the chart says. The failed PAT was a classic example of (to quote Rasheed Wallace) "ball don't lie." Try to make it 14-7, for god's sake. And not saving any time during the Rams' final drive was another example of terrible clock management. If the Bills stop them, they're still going to win barring a miracle even if there's 1:40 left on the clock instead of 0:48. Take your TOs when the other team has the ball so they can't eat up 35-40 seconds between plays. The minute you save means a ton.

The other thing that sickened me was the Bills' penultimate possession with ~ 6 minutes to go. They went into a shell (run up the middle twice and throw a prayer of a bomb into double coverage that has absolutely no chance), figuring that they had stopped the Rams earlier and would do so again. It's like they don't even realize that the game completely changes when offenses have four downs to work with instead of three.

It was a sickening replay of the Titans game, even including an easy dropped INT by George Wilson that would have ended the game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan distain for long FGs has hurt a team not good enough to pull away. Why all the deep throws to TJ when you need to kill clock? He is addled minded. Roll outs to help by time??? THis cuts it for me. He is coaching like a man with feet of clay. Time to retire and get a YOUNG and energetic coach.

Chan distain for long FGs has hurt a team not good enough to pull away. Why all the deep throws to TJ when you need to kill clock? He is addled minded. Roll outs to help by time??? THis cuts it for me. He is coaching like a man with feet of clay. Time to retire and get a YOUNG and energetic coach.

And one that's not afraid to take a few chances.

Agree 100%.

You said everything I wanted to say to a tee.

The only thing I'll add is this:

1) This team has taken on the personna of its head coach 100%. An absolute play it safe, play not to lose, scared attitude.

2) A coach that can't get one of the more dynamic back more than an average of 11 touches a game. It just makes me absolutely sick. Freddys fumble cost us big, but thats what Chan likes, apparentyl, he prefers Freddy out there over Spiller and I can't figure it out.

Just listened to his presser and its scary.

To make matters worse....the Steelers and Bengals were both upset in their own buildings, and had we found a way to win we woulda been 1 game out with 3 to go. An important December game woulda been nice, but with /chan at the helm its not meant to be. The dude is just an absolute loser.

The other thing that sickened me was the Bills' penultimate possession with ~ 6 minutes to go. They went into a shell (run up the middle twice and throw a prayer of a bomb into double coverage that has absolutely no chance), figuring that they had stopped the Rams earlier and would do so again. It's like they don't even realize that the game completely changes when offenses have four downs to work with instead of three.

This is what bothered me as well, though i blame fitz. He could of checked out of the dive play when he saw a GOAL-LINE defense. I mean seriously, a nine guy front and he just turned and handed it off. Then on third and 9 when we have to have a stick, he heaves it deep with no shot, when what we really need is a first down. where is the relief receiver? we never have 1 man routes, so there had to be 1 or 2 other guys who may have had a shot a stick. Pretty crappy decision making from a Harvard graduate. Sometimes I think he has no football IQ....go deep early in the game to soften the defense, not late when we must have a first down.

This is what bothered me as well, though i blame fitz. He could of checked out of the dive play when he saw a GOAL-LINE defense. I mean seriously, a nine guy front and he just turned and handed it off. Then on third and 9 when we have to have a stick, he heaves it deep with no shot, when what we really need is a first down. where is the relief receiver? we never have 1 man routes, so there had to be 1 or 2 other guys who may have had a shot a stick. Pretty crappy decision making from a Harvard graduate. Sometimes I think he has no football IQ....go deep early in the game to soften the defense, not late when we must have a first down.

Chan explained that Fitz is not allowed to check out of a running play...