More behind the numbers...

JasoninMT

Forget All stats other than W-L... They don't mean squat... They are icing for Wins, but otherwise are meaningless.

We played 7 playoff teams [NE x2 (0-2); NYJ x2 (1-1); Pitt (0-1); SEA (1-0); STL (1-0)] 3-4 overall... and 0-3 vs Division Leaders...

As far as the rest of the opponents [(Mia x2 (2-0); Jax (0-1); Oak (0-1); Bal (0-1); Ari (1-0); Cle (1-0); Cin (1-0); SF (1-0)] 6-3 overall... and 0-2 vs teams with winning records.

What that tells me is that we weren't ready for primetime this year. Sure we had a good streak against some losing teams, and did ok but not good enough to win in some other games.

One other item of note I suppose... we were 9-3 when Willis Started... I think that could be a key stat... I liked Travis a ton, believe me... but this year he just didn't cut the mustard - and was injured some... I only hope that we can get some value for him in trade which will be less now that he's already going public... at least in "our" eyes... I know that Tom D plays hardball and won't take less that what he feels Travis is worth regardless of whether he says he wants out or not.

I would say that I am disappointed that we didn't do better... but I don't think this was a dissapointing year as far as seeing that Willis is healed and was worth the pick. We saw much more evidence that Drew is not the QB he used to be. Lee Evans looks to be at least a good WR and maybe more. Josh Reed took steps backward in his game - which was disappointing - maybe even more than Drew and Travis lackluster year. JP Losman... you get an INC... for the season... so-so performance overall... and injuries to boot. Mike M, I think you and your staff did good for the year - unafraid to pull the plug on Henry when it was obvious that Willis was the better back... We shall see what you do with Drew in the offseason... I think we can do better - maybe even with our Rookie who'll be in his second year next season.