John Lennon - December 8, 1980

The Poojer

Yup, sitting in my friend's dormroom watching MNF.

Nice piece that ESPN did on the night Lennon died, a couple years ago.

I remember I was watching the MNF game (it had implications for the Bills)...about a minute before Cosell made the announcement, my sister came barrelling out of her bedroom to tell me what had happened...of course, I didn't believe her...then when Howard confirmed it, my dad (a cop) said "probably a drug deal gone bad!" :rolleyes:

Interesting off-air conversation between Cosell and Gifford included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6zcRPp8zVg

Edited by Buftex

I literally **** my pants when this happened.

Mind you, I was 10 months old, but still.

Thanks for the laugh!

Very interesting; Cosell wasn't sure at all he should report it but Giff was pretty positive. If anything I would have expected the opposite reactions given their personalities.

Very interesting; Cosell wasn't sure at all he should report it but Giff was pretty positive. If anything I would have expected the opposite reactions given their personalities.

Right...nowadays, everyone wants to be first, they don't care if they are accurate with the information. They can get the details down later...

Nice piece that ESPN did on the night Lennon died, a couple years ago.

I remember I was watching the MNF game (it had implications for the Bills)...about a minute before Cosell made the announcement, my sister came barrelling out of her bedroom to tell me what had happened...of course, I didn't believe her...then when Howard confirmed it, my dad (a cop) said "probably a drug deal gone bad!" :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6zcRPp8zVg

Forget Lennon. Who won the game?