More Byrd praise, from PFF

l< j

"Buffalo Bills: Jarius Byrd was already one of the elite safeties in the league, but in 2012 he has been even better. He had an interception on one in every 11 balls thrown his way, and this year he has intercepted an astounding one in every three passes thrown his way."

So with that int rate, how do we get the other teams to throw more in his direction? And is that a meaningful stat? As a FS, are passes really "thrown his way"?

Anyway, he's a keeper.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/05/32-observations-week-13/

If you're Byrd, do you really re-sign before testing the FA waters? He'd be foolish to do that. The Bills may very well end up re-signing him but if they don't and if they don't tag him, it will only be because he chooses to go elsewhere. In the absence of the tag, he controls the situation. But I'll lay dollars to donuts that some around here will blame the Bills instead. It takes two.

GO BILLS!!!

If you're Byrd, do you really re-sign before testing the FA waters? He'd be foolish to do that. The Bills may very well end up re-signing him but if they don't and if they don't tag him, it will only be because he chooses to go elsewhere. In the absence of the tag, he controls the situation. But I'll lay dollars to donuts that some around here will blame the Bills instead. It takes two.

GO BILLS!!!

we will see. some players do really value the continuity and loyalty if they feel like they are getting a fair market offer and will sign early. others demand to know what the fair market is.

at this point i would be very surprised if the bills do not give him a competitive offer.

we will see. some players do really value the continuity and loyalty if they feel like they are getting a fair market offer and will sign early. others demand to know what the fair market is.

at this point i would be very surprised if the bills do not give him a competitive offer.

I think it's safe to say the Bills will tender a fair market offer. It's been their recent pattern, especially with their own players they wish to keep. I'd be willing to bet it will take a record contract for the position, too. But I don't think Byrd will have any problem attracting multiple offers and I gotta think both he and his agent know this, too. I'd be surprised if he re-signed before he hit the market for that reason. It just doesn't make financial sense otherwise. Even if the Bills offered him top safety money right now.

GO BILLS!!!

No one should take Byrd's comment about wanting to win lightly. I'm sure and rightfully so it's important to him as much as the big payday. From a winning standpoint the Bills have nothing to show him, since they drafted him they have sucked. If he doesn't perceive improvement with whoever is at the wheel including coaching , in the very near future he won't sign in Buffalo. Who can blame him?

I was stunned Stevie Johnson stayed. I will need to be resuscitated if Byrd resigns. His jersey is the only one I have purchased in 10 years. I almost think he's too smart to stay here but I hope he does.

Stevie had maturity issues that probably stunted the offers, Byrd is another story.

GO BILLS!!!

Around here they will blame Byrd for being greedy when some winning franchise like Baltimore or New England makes him the highest paid safety in the league...