Thoughts on this Disability Treaty Vote?

dayman

There is a political narrative...that America is basically under attack and a big part of that is the evils of the United Nations...certain political movements position themselves as the "defenders of America from this evil encroachment"...so in voting no to harmless treaty that merely affirms our support of an international effort to address the disabled influenced by our own longstanding ADA they preserve their brand equity for the retards they "defend" from foreign invasion ... that is all this was. Political stupidity...not policy not anything logical or legitimate just pandering and messaging to the lowest of the low.

Sorry RK but those "fears" you think they were fixated on are not real and they know it...and Tasker would like this vote to somehow be about the evils of the UN in general b/c of course he buys the nonsense hook line and sinker...this little vote was about showing our support to bettering the lives of disabled people worldwide that is all...

There is a political narrative...that America is basically under attack and a big part of that is the evils of the United Nations...certain political movements position themselves as the "defenders of America from this evil encroachment"...so in voting no to harmless treaty that merely affirms our support of an international effort to address the disabled influenced by our own longstanding ADA they preserve their brand equity for the retards they "defend" from foreign invasion ... that is all this was. Political stupidity...not policy not anything logical or legitimate just pandering and messaging to the lowest of the low.

Sorry RK but those "fears" you think they were fixated on are not real and they know it...and Tasker would like this vote to somehow be about the evils of the UN in general b/c of course he buys the nonsense hook line and sinker...this little vote was about showing our support to bettering the lives of disabled people worldwide that is all...

I don't want to look to my own gov't to better the lives of the disabled.

Why the hell would I want to look to the UN?

I don't want to look to my own gov't to better the lives of the disabled.

Why the hell would I want to look to the UN?

Well the gov't did better the lives of the disabled a long time ago in this country and people appreciate that.

My not wanting the gov't doing that kind of work, doesn't mean that I don't want that kind of work done.

You would prefer the private sector to create rights...ah...didn't realize they were in the business of that but good idea

And it's besides the point anyway...we as a society have decided certain legal protections and guarantees are appropriate and they are long settled...nobody was voting against them...they were just voting against us saying officially we support them to the rest of the world b/c in fantasy land it comports with their narrative that the UN is taking us over.

Edited by TheNewBills

The disabled already do enjoy the same rights and fundamental freedoms as their fellow citizens.

All this leftislation seeks to accomplish is to make it easier for certain people to win the lawsuit lottery at the expense of their fellow taxpayers. That point is why comparison to other nations who signed the treaty are meaningless.

I think it's hysterical that you started this thread just so you could set up your soap box for a big RIGHT-WING BAD!!!! rant. :lol:

You would prefer the private sector to create rights...ah...didn't realize they were in the business of that but good idea

The public sector doesnt grant rights either, genius.

Read the !@#$ing Consititution.

And the UN has tried to claim jurisdiction on energy policy and education policy among others. So your notion that "they dont do that" is bull ****.

Well the gov't did better the lives of the disabled a long time ago in this country and people appreciate that.

Either answer my question posed earlier in this thread, or STFU. You've offered nothing but canards and leftist platitudes, and in the process managed to toss around quite a bit of ugliness and blame.

As to your above statement, the government did nothing for anyone. They simply codified into law practices and standards that the overwhelming majority of the private sector had been applying for years, with an increasingly smaller percentage of businesses holding to older practices and models because it was no longer economically viable to do so.

You really are an uneducated mother!@#$er, aren't you?

Yes...I can feel the rage...lol...government bad..UN worse....treaty to support disabled bad...:)

Also some very strange comments that seem to take issue with the idea that legislation creates legally enforceable rights lol...never change

Yes...I can feel the rage...lol...government bad..UN worse....treaty to support disabled bad... :)

Also some very strange comments that seem to take issue with the idea that legislation creates legally enforceable rights lol...never change

So you're unwilling and unable to address my posts, then?

Yes...I can feel the rage...lol...government bad..UN worse....treaty to support disabled bad... :)

YOURE AN IDIOT

Lost in all this ranting is the simple fact that it's a UN treaty, so by definition irrelevant and only slightly less enforceable than a treaty defining the sound of one hand clapping.

I don't know why you all care SO much about the lack of a ratification of a meaningless non-binding treaty. Hell, the utter meaninglessness of the treaty is enough for me to vote "nay".

Lost in all this ranting is the simple fact that it's a UN treaty, so by definition irrelevant and only slightly less enforceable than a treaty defining the sound of one hand clapping.

I don't know why you all care SO much about the lack of a ratification of a meaningless non-binding treaty. Hell, the utter meaninglessness of the treaty is enough for me to vote "nay".

The only one here that is complaining about it not passing is NewBills who in his OP called the treaty "ridiculous".