Self defense or murder?

Fezmid

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story that Smith gave is what will have him in trouble. He admitted executing them.

Are we agreeing on something? You... and I... We agree on something? Holy ****! It really is the Xmass season!

That's where he lost me.

I think that's where I really draw the line too. And the fact that he supposedly described it as a "nice clean finishing shot." He also claims that the girl laughed at him when his gun jammed. Something about that doesn't seem right either. I just can't see a scared teenaged girl about to face death laughing at someone with a gun pointed at them. She may have made some other gasp or noise that he thought was a laugh. But the fact that he used that to justify his last shot speaks to killing her our of anger rather than fear that she might be a threat.

Then he waits 24 hours before calling the police?

I think a good defense for this guy would be insanity.

Are we agreeing on something? You... and I... We agree on something? Holy ****! It really is the Xmass season!

I think that's where I really draw the line too. And the fact that he supposedly described it as a "nice clean finishing shot." He also claims that the girl laughed at him when his gun jammed. Something about that doesn't seem right either. I just can't see a scared teenaged girl about to face death laughing at someone with a gun pointed at them. She may have made some other gasp or noise that he thought was a laugh. But the fact that he used that to justify his last shot speaks to killing her our of anger rather than fear that she might be a threat.

Then he waits 24 hours before calling the police?

I think a good defense for this guy would be insanity.

The fact that he waited 24 hours & his first move was to seek a lawyer shows he knew it was wrong & trying to avoid punishment. He's got an uphill battle.

The fact that he waited 24 hours & his first move was to seek a lawyer shows he knew it was wrong & trying to avoid punishment. He's got an uphill battle.

Yeah, I think you're right there. Reading about how he kept shooting the girl in the chest while she was gasping and crying out in pain and fear was pretty gut wrenching. What he was doing there was a torture killing.

I also agree that we shouldn't be glorifying the teens as little angels. The one woman in the article claims that he murdered little children. They were not children. And one of them had reached the age of majority. They were old enough to know what they were doing and know how serious it was. The were also old enough to know the risks.

The Trayvon Martin Killing there is still a lot of gray area to argue. But this one seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Supposedly the whole thing was on closed circuit video. Did they reveal what that contained?

I think the video just captured the kids breaking into the house. It's the audio that captures the sounds of the kids being killed. At least that's what I'm gathering from reading the articles. But I don't know for sure.

Murder one should be the charge. He admitted to executing them. Execution is a premeditated act. If I'm the DA that's what I'm going in with knowing full well it will get bargained down to murder in the 2nd. My assumption is the jury will be sympathetic to the idea that the victims placed themselves in the circumstance but if I'm his defense lawyer, I don't hang my hat on that carrying much weight. I plea and get the hell out of court.

The guy exectuted them after he was out of danger. This by his own admission. He'll never be convicted of premeditated murder when the attackers entered into Smith's home. It would appear that he's guilty of 2nd degree murder.

I think it is premeditated. He unscrewed the light bulbs out the sockets in the basement except for the one by the stairs so he could see them clearly as they came down the stairs and not be seen by them. Then he was sitting in a chair in between two books cases with a loaded rifle and his side arm strapped on. Also had a tarp laid out ready to drag the bodies onto. If that isn't laying in wait for your target I don't know what is. How many Thanksgivings have you or anybody you know spent in your basement like he did?

I think it is premeditated. He unscrewed the light bulbs out the sockets in the basement except for the one by the stairs so he could see them clearly as they came down the stairs and not be seen by them. Then he was sitting in a chair in between two books cases with a loaded rifle and his side arm strapped on. Also had a tarp laid out ready to drag the bodies onto. If that isn't laying in wait for your target I don't know what is. How many Thanksgivings have you or anybody you know spent in your basement like he did?

How did he bait the two youths into breaking into his home?

From previous break in's he knew they would show up eventually. The kids deserve to be in jail for breaking into his home, not executed. He could have called 911 when he saw them approaching on his CCTV.

You've done a fine job filling in the gaps, but please be more clear in distinguishing between your theories and the facts regarding the events that led to the deaths of these teens.

You've done a fine job filling in the gaps, but please be more clear in distinguishing between your theories and the facts regarding the events that led to the deaths of these teens.

I was just using the facts stated in the updated article linked to on page 6 I think. I didn't make anything up.

so, i'm wondering if anyone here still doubts that this guy is a psychopath?

I always figured he was Obama's first appointment to the Death Panel. After all, Obama needs proficiency in his latest program to reduce the average age of those enrolled in Obamacare.

so, i'm wondering if anyone here still doubts that this guy is a psychopath?

This bit isn't for you, me, or even a jury of his peers to decide; and quite frankly, given the fact that you're a PCP claiming the authority to practice psychiatry and psychology, your rogue disposition is very inappropriate.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

This bit isn't for you, me, or even a jury of his peers to decide; and quite frankly, given the fact that you're a PCP claiming the authority to practice psychiatry and psychology, your rogue disposition is very inappropriate.

the biopsychosocial model of care has been around 25 years, originating at the u of rochester. as the name suggests, it involves psychology. whether aware or not, every pcp uses this model (or should use this model) in approaching every patient. once again your ignorance is showing. a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

the biopsychosocial model of care has been around 25 years, originating at the u of rochester. as the name suggests, it involves psychology. whether aware or not, every pcp uses this model (or should use this model) in approaching every patient. once again your ignorance is showing. a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Ignorance my ass. You, who have never even had the most minimal interation with the man in question, presume to diagnose him based on nothing more than hearsay. You're a hack, and a disgrace to your profession. I wish there were a way to see you lose your license over this.

Ignorance my ass. You, who have never even had the most minimal interation with the man in question, presume to diagnose him based on nothing more than hearsay. You're a hack, and a disgrace to your profession. I wish there were a way to see you lose your license over this.

Relax, man. Nothing wrong with looking at the information out there and speculating about it on a message board. That's what these forums are for. It isn't like his sentence will be based on anything here.

If BD was actually diagnosing him and rx medication for him based on what he saw here than you might have a point with what you're saying. However, BD, like the rest of us here, is speculating as to what the problem with him is. He's using his knowledge as a doctor to put a little weight behind his words.

Now coming to you, from me, as a sociologist:

I think Birddog or Doc should write you a script for a Chill Pill.

If BD was actually diagnosing him and rx medication for him based on what he saw here than you might have a point with what you're saying. However, BD, like the rest of us here, is speculating as to what the problem with him is. He's using his knowledge as a doctor to put a little weight behind his words.

See, that's just it: by (mis)using his "knowledge" as a doctor to put weight behind his words, he's doing exactly what I said he was. He's in no better a position to make this judgement: "so, i'm wondering if anyone here still doubts that this guy is a psychopath?" than any of the rest of us given the amount of direct exposure he's had to the man in question. Which is to say that he's completely unqualified. As are you. As am I.

Now coming to you, from me, as a sociologist:

I think Birddog or Doc should write you a script for a Chill Pill.

And this is exactly why we shouldn't solicit, or offer, professional opinions on anoymous internet message boards.