Self defense or murder?

Fezmid

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems very likely. Not too many folks would settle back in their chair after killing someone....

Says the guy who's never killed anyone. What would you do? Sit on a parking cone or some broken glass? Of course he sat in a nice comfy chair.

Edited by Jauronimo

Why the heck would he NOT call the police? Because it was a holiday? Thanksgiving? What did he do, go back to the dinner table and sit down to enjoy turkey and trimmings while two dead bodies lay in his house? Somebody said he moved them? Huh? If that ain't creepy? How the hell do you discharge a weapon, kill two people and then settle down for the holiday with blood and guts in your domicile... Oops, I mean castle! Yikes...

That's the part that strikes me the weirdest as well.

Says the guy who's never killed anyone. What would you do? Lie down on the floor?

Did you read it? It wasn't just sitting down and catching his breath. He waited 24 hours to do anything about it. I might have sat down until I could breathe but I doubt I would have resumed the Thanksgiving Day holiday and called my neighbor about a lawyer 24 hours later. I understand the concern re: shock and, of course, I'm not sure how I would have reacted in total at that moment. I'm fairly sure, however, that I would have called 911 asap/relatively soon and probably wouldn't have moved a body around and then resumed my prior activities. Just an opinion on a message board....but I'm fairly confident. The manner in which he terminated the intruders combined with his behavior afterwards raises some suspicion about the guy's baseline mental health. His rationale for not calling the cops is he didn't want to bother them.....not that he 'didn't know what to do' or 'that he was scared.' His resumption of 'the day' and not wanting to bother police defies the extreme of the situation he was just in.

It may have all been a stress reaction but this type of behavior is not consistent with most home invasions/shootings I've ever read/heard about. I.e. Ones in which you hear the tape of the screaming person telling the operator...."I just shot someone...help...they came in and I shot them...." etc.

...and how do you know what I've done. :lol:

EDIT: Yes you read it. I just looked at your prior posts. You seem to state the behavior was 'odd' as well....even considering the circumstances. I think i missed your sarcasm....

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Did you read it? It wasn't just sitting down and catching his breath. He waited 24 hours to do anything about it. I might have sat down until I could breathe but I doubt I would have resumed the Thanksgiving Day holiday and called my neighbor about a lawyer 24 hours later. I understand the concern re: shock and, of course, I'm not sure how I would have reacted in total at that moment. I'm fairly sure, however, that I would have called 911 asap/relatively soon and probably wouldn't have moved a body around and then resumed my prior activities. Just an opinion on a message board....but I'm fairly confident. The manner in which he terminated the intruders combined with his behavior afterwards raises some suspicion about the guy's baseline mental health. His rationale for not calling the cops is he didn't want to bother them.....not that he 'didn't know what to do' or 'that he was scared.' His resumption of 'the day' and not wanting to bother police defies the extreme of the situation he was just in.

It may have all been a stress reaction but this type of behavior is not consistent with most home invasions/shootings I've ever read/heard about. I.e. Ones in which you hear the tape of the screaming person telling the operator...."I just shot someone...help...they came in and I shot them...." etc.

...and how do you know what I've done. :lol:

EDIT: Yes you read it. I just looked at your prior posts. You seem to state the behavior was 'odd' as well....even considering the circumstances. I think i missed your sarcasm....

Poorly worded on my part. Should have phrased my response as if you were criticizing his choice of furniture to sit on. Without voice inflection to sell it, wording needs to be more precise. Damn internet.

Something about this whole story isn't adding up. If the girl was unarmed, why would she come down the stairs after hearing gunshots, when it would be assumed that she would know the guy she was with was also unarmed....?

Plus the whole "moving of one body onto a tarp..." makes me feel uneasy. Like this was premeditated....

Part of me thinks the whole burglarly thing might have been his excuse to hunt some humans.

Poorly worded on my part. Should have phrased my response as if you were criticizing his choice of furniture to sit on. Without voice inflection to sell it, wording needs to be more precise. Damn internet.

Naaahhh.....my bad.

Ya think :lol:

....does walk of shame slowly away from computer. especially after I 'responded' without 'proper' review. :bag:

Something about this whole story isn't adding up. If the girl was unarmed, why would she come down the stairs after hearing gunshots, when it would be assumed that she would know the guy she was with was also unarmed....?

Plus the whole "moving of one body onto a tarp..." makes me feel uneasy. Like this was premeditated....

Part of me thinks the whole burglarly thing might have been his excuse to hunt some humans.

While it might not be fair after looking at his mug shot I'd be letting the human remains detection dogs loose on his 8 acres

exactly what i thought. unless she was very stoned or very stupid, she'd have run. no way she could have figured she could help her cousin when the other guy had a gun and somehow i don't picture many burglars as altruistic.

Ahh, that's interesting. Like he lured them down there to shoot them & claim home invasion. Or maybe invited them down for some other reason, something went awry & ...

Sounds more plausible than the story he offered, which I might add is pretty damn incriminating for a guy who had over 24 hrs to concoct his story.

Ahh, that's interesting. Like he lured them down there to shoot them & claim home invasion. Or maybe invited them down for some other reason, something went awry & ...

Sounds more plausible than the story he offered, which I might add is pretty damn incriminating for a guy who had over 24 hrs to concoct his story.

Here's the thing about that: a plan to "hunt some humans" would likely include a plan to dispose of the bodies, and avoid detection; or would have been much more prompt and much less sketchy in regards to the reporting of police. In other words, it would have entirely avoided police involvement or would have involved them in a way that lent itself to castle docrtine defense.

This story involves neither of those things.

Here's the thing about that: a plan to "hunt some humans" would likely include a plan to dispose of the bodies, and avoid detection; or would have been much more prompt and much less sketchy in regards to the reporting of police. In other words, it would have entirely avoided police involvement or would have involved them in a way that lent itself to castle docrtine defense.

i think we can justifiably conclude that smith is not a rational human. all logic in regards to his thought processes can likely be disregarded.

But in his head (and this is just an assumption), he had his built-in alibi with the history of house robberies he claimed,

There's something very off about this story. The fact that pets from the neighborhood seem to go missing on his property is off-putting as well.