Jacksonville newspaper articles that require subscription

Here are the two articles from Monday's Jacksonville paper that are behind their partial paywall:

Jaguars sorry show has four episodes left

http://jacksonville.com/premium-promo/2012-12-02/story/gene-frenette-jaguars-sorry-show-has-four-episodes-left

By Gene Frenette

Florida Times Union

December 2, 2012 - 9:53pm

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. Jeremy Mincey was slipping on the jacket to his three-piece suit and shaking his head at the same time. He didn't care to get into a lot of deep analysis about how the Jaguars followed their second win of the year by throwing up a stink bomb.

"What can you do?" said Mincey. "We gotta keep pushing. The show must go on."

That's actually the discouraging part in all this mess for Jacksonville's NFL franchise. It still has four performances remaining in this season from Hades. And whatever promise of late-season redemption there might have been, it seemed to vanish Sunday in wet, windy conditions near the banks of Lake Erie.

The Jaguars, contrary to what coach Mike Mularkey and many of his players believe, are not that close to being a good football team. Besides being too injury-riddled at the moment, they lack the talent, depth in critical spots, and discipline to be competitive on a weekly basis.

--more at the link above--

Run game, Chad Henne go nowhere

http://members.jacksonville.com/premium/sports/football/jaguars/2012-12-02/story/jaguars-report-card-run-game-chad-henne-go-nowhere

Jaguars Report Card

By Gene Frenette

Florida Times Union

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

Sports columnist Gene Frenette grades the Jaguars performance after a 34-18 loss to Buffalo

As bad as people think we have it, those are some pretty harsh articles. Of course, the Jags have been to the playoffs more recently than us so, that stab on "one mediocre drive" I can't be mad at.

I'm sure their dozen or so fans, as well as their sports columnists, take comfort in that. In fact I heard Eagles fans are holding hands and signing Kumbaya this morning.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot