Wood ...any news?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Wood should follow the ranks of Brad Butler & take an early retirement. I remember watching Monday Night Football when Dennis Miller was the commentator, and he said something to the effect of "Schlereth has been scoped more times than a redneck abducted by aliens". This is the path that Eric Wood is on. Props to Wood if he is willing to continue doing major rehabs every off-season.

How was he injured? His first season ender was a fluke. Can't recall no. 2. I think the kid isn't injury prone, but snake bitten.

1 is a Fluke, 2 is questionable, 3 is injury prone. Not to mention all of his injuries have been to his legs. There's either a way he plays or something that effects him.

Not sure if there's a difference in leverage and the way that the C position is played compared to a Guard but maybe he should switch back to Guard to eliminate some of these injuries.

Any current or former OLmen on the board that can chime in on this? I know the positions are much different but how about the leverage and leg usage comparison? Is there 1 that's easier than another?

I think its time to draft a new Center and switch Wood to another spot on the line. Perhaps he will be less injury prone if he is not in the middle of every play. The problem is, are there any good centers available in the 3rd round? We still need a OLB (Jones) a QB (another Jones!) and then a Center as we still have Wood while he is healthy, we do not have appropriate OLB or QB play even when those guys are healthy.

I think its time to draft a new Center and switch Wood to another spot on the line. Perhaps he will be less injury prone if he is not in the middle of every play. The problem is, are there any good centers available in the 3rd round? We still need a OLB (Jones) a QB (another Jones!) and then a Center as we still have Wood while he is healthy, we do not have appropriate OLB or QB play even when those guys are healthy.

HaHa. Beat you to it.

I wouldn't draft another C though. I'd probably try Ubrik there for a year while Wood plays his spot in the line at RG. Would probably be the best case scenario. Same guys in the line at positions they are all familiar with. And these guys would still be right next to one another so no communication issues.

Before we all throw Wood under the bus, why don't we wait to hear the results of the MRI he'll probably have tomorrow.

because we're "Cold as Ice" and because he's had 2 season ending leg injuries so far in his career. If this makes #3 then it's at least a 2nd time on one of his legs. It's not coincidence. It's a trend.