Ultimately

DreamOnDan

Lurking around today made me realize that it isn't just me that thinks Drew should be gone. Likewise, it isn't just me that think that he most likely will be the starter. There is hope. The fact of the matter is, Drew's cap hit won't be as significant as his salary. By cutting or trading Bledsoe, we will se no drop off from a financial standpoint. J.P. will make much less than Drew saving us millions right there. The difference in Drew's salary/cap hit is enough to sign a vet like Jennings or even a good backup qb that can do at least what Drew does in this offense. I think that we already have that in Matthews. The way I see it in order to take that huge step forward we are going to have to take a moment and step back. Who knows what Losman can and can't do? But I'm willing to believe that he won't do much worse than Drew.

I simply can't see why the team would be so bitter about Drew leaving. To believe that you would be implying that the team doesn't have faith in Tom Donahoe. I know that the team loves what he has done in the last 2-3 years. These guys play with insurmountable amounts of intensity every week. With a power running game and a strong defense you really can't go wrong plugging a athletic strong armed qb in. J.P. is just amother spark in my mind. You don't think that Willis, Evans, and the rest of the future want the guy that Buffalo traded away so much to aquire run this offense. This is football, a sport to us a business to them. If you want to look at the business end of things, it makes sense to rid of Drew and use the money to build around him and lock up players that are simply indespensible. That is how the team would see it. I just can't agree with the statements made that Drew is the rock on this offense. Just think of the spark Willis provided this offense. Willis, Evans, and Losman are a team. They are our chance in this decade. It has already been proven that we don't need pro bowl numbers to win. But then you have to look at the big games. I don't like what I've been seeing from Bledsoe when it matters. I understand that a good defense makes your quarterback look bad, but you can't lose fumbling and throwing bad passes that result in interceptions.