I truly feel horrible for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

FireChan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fitz is such a good QB, what does a bad QB look like? I just see, week after week, he cannot hit a WR on a go route. I see him misread his WRs and throw easy interceptions.

Rich Gannon, whom I respect, called the Bills game last week and pointed out the same things. Said you just can't miss those opportunities in the NFL. I agree.

His record? So the games he threw 3-4 TD passes and scored over 30 points and lost are his fault? I know he's not great and I would like a new QB but don't put all the blame on him. 3-4 years running we have the worst D in the league.

I was with you on this until the last 3 games, our D played well enough to win @Houston and @Indy Fitz did not. As far as Miami went Thank God our D played as well as they did because if it weren't for McKelvin we would've lost that one too.

I was with you on this until the last 3 games, our D played well enough to win @Houston and @Indy Fitz did not. As far as Miami went Thank God our D played as well as they did because if it weren't for McKelvin we would've lost that one too.

I agree. Last 3 were horrible but he is not to blame for all our losses. Having said that, I would like a new QB soon. He missed a wide open Spiller when Colts went offsides and also missed Jones wide open for another missed TD.

First of all, Alex Smith is better than Fitz.

Second of all, Manning would not fail here. It would only be to what degree he would lift this franchise.

Thirdly, it might be inaccurate to say that Gailey relies too heavily on Fitz. The discussion this week has been whether Gailey gives Fitz enough leeway to call audibles. That was what the whole Stevie drama was about.

The irony is that according to Gailey, the plays in which Fitz was not allowed to audible out of were running plays. Gailey clearly stated this and said the reason was because he wanted the team to run the ball more.

The implication of this is that maybe earlier in the season that Fitz was audibling to pass plays too often which could possibly mean that the reason the Bills have been over-reliant on the pass is due to Fitz, and not Gailey.

Bottom line, there's a possibility (again very ironic if true) that Fitz has put too much on his shoulders passing the ball and that Gailey is trying to unburden him with "required running plays."

Finally, I don't feel horrible for Fitz.

Fitz has a Harvard degree, a lovely wife who was an All-American soccer player, and has already made millions of dollars in his career.

Oh, and his wife has a Harvard degree too.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Sorry, but you're very wrong. Fitzpatrick is a different breed altogether than both of those jokers. Those two guys were scared to play football in the NFL. They were both deer in headlights. Fitz is a bonafide starting caliber NFL quarterback. Right now at this very moment, he's 9th in TD passes.

What you're seeing is a man who wishes his coach hadn't given him 33 passing attempts to Spiller's 14 rushes. Especially when said rusher got 107 yards in those limited number of carries.

We all know Fitzpatrick is never going to be elite, and time is definitely running out on him showing he is the QB who will be good enough to get this team a Superbowl win. What Fitzpatrick has to do is close very strong these last five games. If he looks good and has the Bills going on a 4-1 or 5-0 stretch then I think we here may have a whole different outlook on the QB situation. I actually believe the Bills could still make the playoffs given the state of the AFC wildcard and their schedule.

How is he wrong? He was saying that when he looks at fitz, he see a QB that looks in over his head, defeated and deflated. How can someone be wrong about that? That's what he sees. That's what I see. That's what many people see. Sad as this sounds, he looks like a death row inmate, just waiting for his day in the chair. And he knows his time is coming soon.

Every game, prior to the bills first offensive snap of each series, my friends and I all say out loud.....DON'T SUCK FITZ. more often that not, he sucks. Why? Chan? Our Wrs? Our OL? No. Because he sucks. Wake up people. Stop being blind homers. "He's 9th in the NFL in td passes"........lol, too funny

The guy takes every loss to heart every week, especially because our offense coordinator literally kills him with the play calls. Put Fitz on the 49ers this year and they have the exact same record, with maybe one more loss.

The guy says he wants Spiller and Fred to get the ball more, and yet, Chan calls the 5 wide 50% of the time. I know you all are gonna say he sucks and should feel bad, but he doesn't need to be put in a situation to suck. You let him throw after we've gotten 20 yards on a run, and 9 out of 10 times he'll complete it. 9 out of 10 times the screen works.

Even his deep ball was looking 50-50 against the Dolphins and Colts (without the PI calls in the Dolphins games they looked like they were catchable.

I don't expect a lot from Fitz but every game he has some great plays until Chan decides to put it all in his hands. Then he blows it trying to force something after his 6th consecutive pass play with 5 minutes to go, and suddenly he's all to blame.

I truly believe the issue is a confidence and pressure thing. I know you'll all say if he can't handle the pressure, he shouldn't be our QB, which I understand. But seriously, if there's not gonna be a QB change mid-season (nor would I want one), setting Fitz up to blow every game is a tremendous shame and I feel for the guy. Everyone on the team seems to understand that he shouldn't be throwing so much, yet all of his confidence and momentum goes out the window when he makes a bad play after 6 good ones. If we didn't ride the guy so much, I think he'd be 100% better.

We don't have Aaron Rodgers and we shouldn't let our QB be pounded because he isn't Rodgers. He deserves better than that from our coaches and fans.

Lmao, there is no pass play on this team that works 9 out of 10 times, not even the screen. And he doesnt complete a pass 9 out of 10 times after a good run, not even remotely close to truth

What if the names were changed but the same kind of argument was used?

Example:

I truly feel sorry or Kelvin Sheppard. Dave Wannstedt is a terrible coach all he does is draw up defensive schemes that expect our MLB to make to many tackles. It's not Sheppards fault that he's not getting it done on a consistent basis. It just goes to show how bad our coaching really is when they expect a MLB to make plays.

Who in their right mind would accept such drivel? When a poster in this thread said Chan is terrible because he uses an "antiquated" 5 receiver set it just goes to show to what depths excuses get made for Fitzpatrick. Maybe the Bills can go to the wishbone and play a 70's style offense "3 yards and a cloud of dust."

To think that the argument is we need to have our QB throw less is preposterous. To compare him to Alex Smith is just silly. The 49ers have switched QBs because Smith can't make the throws either and they're relying to much on the running game with him in there. In the modern NFL the running game only gets you so far. It's a passing league and becoming moreso every year.

Finally I think Chan Gailey has his limitations too. But to say his play calling is the reason Fitzpatrick can't get it done is not accurate. More often than not the WRs are open and Fitzpatrick can't get the ball to them. I'm not sure what more a play call needs to do if the QB can't execute it.

Edited by gumby

What if the names were changed but the same kind of argument was used?

Example:

I truly feel sorry or Kelvin Sheppard. Dave Wannstedt is a terrible coach all he does is draw up defensive schemes that expect our MLB to make to many tackles. It's not Sheppards fault that he's not getting it done on a consistent basis. It just goes to show how bad our coaching really is when they expect a MLB to make plays.

Who in their right mind would accept such drivel? When a poster in this thread said Chan is terrible because he uses an "antiquated" 5 receiver set it just goes to show to what depths excuses get made for Fitzpatrick. Maybe the Bills can go to the wishbone and play a 70's style offense "3 yards and a cloud of dust."

To think that the argument is we need to have our QB throw less is preposterous. To compare him to Alex Smith is just silly. The 49ers have switched QBs because Smith can't make the throws either and they're relying to much on the running game with him in there. In the moden NFL the running game only gets you so far. It's a passing league and becoming moreso every year.

Finally I think Chan Gailey has his limitations too. But to say his play calling is the reason Fitzpatrick can't get it done is not accurate. More often than not the WRs are open and Fitzpatrick can't get the ball to them. I'm not sure what more a play call needs to do if the QB can't execute it.

Who would be your ultimate wishbone backs? With Fitz, this might be a good idea.

First of all, Alex Smith is better than Fitz.

Second of all, Manning would not fail here. It would only be to what degree he would lift this franchise.

Thirdly, it might be inaccurate to say that Gailey relies too heavily on Fitz. The discussion this week has been whether Gailey gives Fitz enough leeway to call audibles. That was what the whole Stevie drama was about.

The irony is that according to Gailey, the plays in which Fitz was not allowed to audible out of were running plays. Gailey clearly stated this and said the reason was because he wanted the team to run the ball more.

The implication of this is that maybe earlier in the season that Fitz was audibling to pass plays too often which could possibly mean that the reason the Bills have been over-reliant on the pass is due to Fitz, and not Gailey.

Bottom line, there's a possibility (again very ironic if true) that Fitz has put too much on his shoulders passing the ball and that Gailey is trying to unburden him with "required running plays."

Finally, I don't feel horrible for Fitz.

Fitz has a Harvard degree, a lovely wife who was an All-American soccer player, and has already made millions of dollars in his career.

Oh, and his wife has a Harvard degree too.

:thumbsup:

How is he wrong? He was saying that when he looks at fitz, he see a QB that looks in over his head, defeated and deflated. How can someone be wrong about that? That's what he sees. That's what I see. That's what many people see. Sad as this sounds, he looks like a death row inmate, just waiting for his day in the chair. And he knows his time is coming soon.

Every game, prior to the bills first offensive snap of each series, my friends and I all say out loud.....DON'T SUCK FITZ. more often that not, he sucks. Why? Chan? Our Wrs? Our OL? No. Because he sucks. Wake up people. Stop being blind homers. "He's 9th in the NFL in td passes"........lol, too funny

Then maybe his observational skills are wrong? Is that better?...LOL Fitzpatrick is an average QB. While that's not saying much in today's NFL, it's worlds away from the diaper wearing Edwards and Losman. Is average what any of us want these last five games and next year? No.

Unless Fitzpatrick takes this team on a roll into the playoffs this year, I'm fully on board with taking a QB in rd 1 of the next draft, and every draft going forward till they finally find their franchise QB who can get the Bills a Superbowl win.

The guy takes every loss to heart every week, especially because our offense coordinator literally kills him with the play calls. Put Fitz on the 49ers this year and they have the exact same record, with maybe one more loss.

The guy says he wants Spiller and Fred to get the ball more, and yet, Chan calls the 5 wide 50% of the time. I know you all are gonna say he sucks and should feel bad, but he doesn't need to be put in a situation to suck. You let him throw after we've gotten 20 yards on a run, and 9 out of 10 times he'll complete it. 9 out of 10 times the screen works.

Even his deep ball was looking 50-50 against the Dolphins and Colts (without the PI calls in the Dolphins games they looked like they were catchable.

I don't expect a lot from Fitz but every game he has some great plays until Chan decides to put it all in his hands. Then he blows it trying to force something after his 6th consecutive pass play with 5 minutes to go, and suddenly he's all to blame.

I truly believe the issue is a confidence and pressure thing. I know you'll all say if he can't handle the pressure, he shouldn't be our QB, which I understand. But seriously, if there's not gonna be a QB change mid-season (nor would I want one), setting Fitz up to blow every game is a tremendous shame and I feel for the guy. Everyone on the team seems to understand that he shouldn't be throwing so much, yet all of his confidence and momentum goes out the window when he makes a bad play after 6 good ones. If we didn't ride the guy so much, I think he'd be 100% better.

We don't have Aaron Rodgers and we shouldn't let our QB be pounded because he isn't Rodgers. He deserves better than that from our coaches and fans.

Really? You feel sorry for Fitz?

Do you watch him play? Explain the passes tot long, too short, too high, too wide, and in the dirt? Explain the interception against the Titans at home while supposedly protecting a lead?

Fitz has a good line and the best RB combo in the league. There are some playmakers around him but he cannot deliever the ball with accuracy and he cannot get the ball downfield. Good QBs make their teams better. Fitz's play is making our offense worse than it is.

Fitz is making a ton of money and he barely has the talent of a back up QB. He has the arm of a third stringer.

Feel sorry for the fans. Fitz is doing quite well especially given his limited skills.

I'm confused with this thread...

Let me get this straight, Gailey draws up plays that get his WRs open, wide open sometimes, and we as fans are suppose to feel sorry that Fitz can't hit these open receivers? Or that he's asked to hit these open receivers too much? Really?

Did I miss something...

Really? You feel sorry for Fitz?

Do you watch him play? Explain the passes tot long, too short, too high, too wide, and in the dirt? Explain the interception against the Titans at home while supposedly protecting a lead?

Fitz has a good line and the best RB combo in the league. There are some playmakers around him but he cannot deliever the ball with accuracy and he cannot get the ball downfield. Good QBs make their teams better. Fitz's play is making our offense worse than it is.

Fitz is making a ton of money and he barely has the talent of a back up QB. He has the arm of a third stringer.

Feel sorry for the fans. Fitz is doing quite well especially given his limited skills.

3 pass plays called in a row while protecting the lead. 3rd and long, he throws a pick. That's just like blaming the Indy field goal last game on him, horrible clock management. RB combo means nothing if you don't run the ball enough. I truly don't think our O-line is good either, so that's a point we'll have to disagree on.

And for the last time, to everyone seeming to miss the point, I don't think he's good or great, I just feel bad that he's hung out to dry when he can't do some things.

Look at it like this. Let's say Choice was in because both Spiller and Freddy were hurt. Choice can get some yards but he's not great and has weaknesses. And our HC calls 3 HB dives in a row 30 times a game. Every failed conversion the he would inevitably get would wear on him. It's the exact same situation with our QB, put them in a position to fail and don't use them smart, they'll do exactly that, fail.

3 pass plays called in a row while protecting the lead. 3rd and long, he throws a pick. That's just like blaming the Indy field goal last game on him, horrible clock management. RB combo means nothing if you don't run the ball enough. I truly don't think our O-line is good either, so that's a point we'll have to disagree on.

And for the last time, to everyone seeming to miss the point, I don't think he's good or great, I just feel bad that he's hung out to dry when he can't do some things.

Look at it like this. Let's say Choice was in because both Spiller and Freddy were hurt. Choice can get some yards but he's not great and has weaknesses. And our HC calls 3 HB dives in a row 30 times a game. Every failed conversion the he would inevitably get would wear on him. It's the exact same situation with our QB, put them in a position to fail and don't use them smart, they'll do exactly that, fail.

I guess that horrendous pick he just threw was all chans fault too right? LMAO at the excuses