2014 year of the quarterback?

Bills fans we may have to face reality and come to grips that there is not a franchise QB in this coming NFL Draft. I think Chan and Buddy knows this as well hence the statement Chan made about Fitz. I'm not saying that they won't draft one next year, just not early. I believe Buddy will continue to add pieces to the team offensively and defensively and wait for 2014 to get their franchise QB. There are a lot of juniors who may decide to stay in college and improve their draft status along with their games. Guys like Logan Thomas, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Tajh Boyd etc. My hope is that the Bills get lucky enough to draft Teddy Bridgewater as their QB of the future. His performance tonight was nothing short of spectacular and he did it all with a broken wrist and gimpy ankle. The guy has pocket presence, a strong arm, tough as nails and most importantly ACCURATE! As other posters on the board has written, " Buddy get er DUN"

We can't keep waiting around - wasting season after season - hoping for a can't miss prospect to fall in our lap. It isn't going to happen.

People keep ripping the upcoming draft class, but it's a pretty deep group. I would be willing to bet that at least 2-3 of this year's prospects become solid or better NFL starters. And that would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Fitz.

Are we looking at Andrew Luck or RGIII...no.

But in my opinion, both Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are better prospects than Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden last year.

We absolutely have to take a chance drafting a quarterback early. And if he doesn't work out, there are no rules against taking one again in 2014, or 2015, or until we get it right.

Keyrist!, if we need to endure another year of Buddy 'Mr ineptitude's Nix's draft and free agency. Mr. "I'm going to get some sleep" as the 2010 free agency period opens and he brings in Cornell Green. 112 million dollars for invisible pass rushers. players like Aaron Williams, Kelvin Sheppard, Torell Troup et al in the draft :doh:

Another year of Mr pass happy empty backfield 5 WR play calls, putting his faith in a perennial back up QB, who can't seem to hit wide open receivers to save his life. Another year of the very worst DC this franchise has ever seen :sick:

Jebus, I can only hope and pray that good ole boy Buddy Nix and his conglomeration of buffoons has long since departed the Buffalo Bills before 2014.

Just thinking that this owner would keep this entourage of morons past this year makes me yearn for the Mayans to be right about Dec 21st, 2012...jk

We can't keep waiting around - wasting season after season - hoping for a can't miss prospect to fall in our lap. It isn't going to happen.

People keep ripping the upcoming draft class, but it's a pretty deep group. I would be willing to bet that at least 2-3 of this year's prospects become solid or better NFL starters. And that would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Fitz.

Are we looking at Andrew Luck or RGIII...no.

But in my opinion, both Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are better prospects than Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden last year.

We absolutely have to take a chance drafting a quarterback early. And if he doesn't work out, there are no rules against taking one again in 2014, or 2015, or until we get it right.

They will draft a QB high this year. No doubt. This is the year. Buddy got his left tackle, his cornerback, his Def Ends, his WRs (Nelson will be back next year), as long as he sings levitre and byrd, LB and QB are the next targets. I think if he hits on a QB the kid starts right away behind a good line and running game. Good plan. Just takes forever.

They will draft a QB high this year. No doubt. This is the year. Buddy got his left tackle, his cornerback, his Def Ends, his WRs (Nelson will be back next year), as long as he sings levitre and byrd, LB and QB are the next targets. I think if he hits on a QB the kid starts right away behind a good line and running game. Good plan. Just takes forever.

Resigning our FA 's are critical. Chan and Nix will do everything they can to save their reputation from here out. I would stay with them next year. It's all up to the next owner if the team stays here or nothing else will matter.

Guys like Bridgewater, Driskel and Mannion sit in 2014 so that QB class may be much stronger than this year's draft even with some of the juniors. I think back to the Chargers with Nix and company when they drafted Drew Brees around pick 30-32 and then drafted Rivers a year or two later.

Maybe the Bills could draft someone like Aaron Murray on the 2nd or 3rd round this year and see how it goes. In 2014, if one the guys above looks elite and ready then pull the trigger and have two QBs that can play.

That's a whole lot better than where we are now with 3 QBs that should be backups.

First off... Nobody knows whether or not there is a franchise QB in this draft. Let me reitierate, "NOBODY!!! Drew Brees was a second rounder that got kicked to the curb by the Chargers. Brady was a 6th rounder that started in his 2nd season and won the Superbowl. No one on the planet considered either of those guys "franchisers" on draft day. That's why they didn't get drafted in the 1st round. So "franchisers" are not necessarily first rounders. I wont call Dalton or Kaepernick franchisers... at least not yet, because the rule of thumb for me is two seasons in a row in the top five or three seasons in a row in the top eight. There are plenty of five game wonders that go south in a hurry once they're exposed (see Fitz).

The real question is, will the Bills select a franchise QB? They could, but if they did, they probably wouldn't know it. The thing that makes or breaks a franchiser is not just the kid himself, it's more the organization that drafts him. Ask yourelf this question, are there any players on the current Bills roster which they've drafted that could be considered a "franchiser" at their position? That would be "NO", and if anyone thinks differently, showm the franchise or HOF numbers of that player. So, what would make anyone think the Bills organiztion is able to identify and draft a franchise QB or any franchise player.... Biscuit, Bruce?

The Bills organization is a collection of marginal football people at best. There is no one in the organization hat has a clear vision of what it takes to build a championship and execute a plan to realize that vision. Case in point, the past 12 seasons. And, most recently the Buddy and Chan puppet show. Buddy comes in guns guns a blazing, says we're going to the 3-4, drafts players to specifically fit that scheme, lays an egg in the first year, panics, brings in a 4-3 !@#$ (Wanny) to look over Donnie Edwards shoulder (much like Donahoe did by bringing in LeBeau after switching from the 3-4 to he 4-3), only to can Edwards, pass the baton to Wanny, switch back to a 4-3, and still be one of the bottom five defenses in the NFL, even after an infusion of $125M of free agent money on defense !!!! Yeah, canning Edwards was the right thing to do, but not bringing in a 3-4 guru to replace him and finish what you started was the dumbest, most incompetent, and clear evidence that the Bills organization is in total disarray. Another example is throwing big money to Fitz after five freakin games. Had they waited it out to see how he would perform over the full season, the absolute worst thing that could happen if he had played lights out would have been to "franchise tag" him in order to keep him. But no, a stupid and incompetent orgainization does stupid things, repeatedly. And, as Ron White said once or twice... "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" !

So, the moral of the story, and bottom line is. Until the Bills ownership changes, the typical things that fans look forward to ie, "next season", free agency, the draft... are totally futile and once again his offseasonwill yield no appreciable positive direction in terms of the playoffs and ultimately a championship. Gloom and doom? Perhaps, but it also is the pure and honest to God trooth ... "reality". It is what it is.