Main reasons why it's JPL's team now

1- Team identity

I realized over the years that a qb’s enthusiasm and desire is contagious to a degree and will indeed have an effect over your teammates performance. How you are perceived plays a big role in influencing others. Call it the placebo effect if you will.

Yes JPL’s cockiness and desire combined with his unique abilities to scramble will somewhat jeopardize his health at times but it will also forge the “win-at-any-cost / try-to-stop-that-play” attitude that the coaching staff seem to favour.

Which brings me to my second point...

2- Playbook

A Bills OL recently referred to Mularkey and Clements as “mad scientists,” for their sometimes unusual and extravagant play selection and design. They (the coaches) seem to like fakes and misdirection plays. Now who better to run and, most importantly, sell those screens, bootlegs and other misdirection plays : a nifty 1st round qb or an aging statuesque qb?

In my mind these coaches wont be paralysed with the so called “fear of the unknown” and will turn to JPL for next year’s opener.

JP scares me. I am afraid he will be hurt more often then not. His comment to Willis during preseason that he wasn't going to slide when a CB comes at him is just plain stupid. The CB's in the NFL are bigger/stronger/faster then college CB's. They will crush him.

He already got hurt in practice and he was barely touched.

As for how good JP will be only time will tell. He obviously wasn't good enough to be the 2nd string guy this year.

I like your post and agree totally. J.P. Losman is a Mike Mulkarkey QB. He turned Kordell into a pro- Bowler. Oh wait, Pittsburgh had a great running game and awesome Defense that year. That is why Kordell made the Pro-Bowl. But then again.... oh yeah we have Willis McGahee and, um, oh yeah, one of the best defenses the Bills have ever had! :) Now tell me why Bledsoe can't make the pro-bowl. The way that I see it. Kordell is better.