Plastic surgery

Harveyj001

I saw a news report from Fox or CNN earlier today. It said Buffalo schools have paid 2.7 mil this year, 5 mil last year and a peak of 9 mil on plastic surgery for teachers with no copayment. If that is true Erie county can pay to upgrade the "Ralph"! I am in Singapore so I can't find a link to post, if someone else can find it feel free!

Google "buffalo teachers" and "plastic surgery" pops right up on the drop down list. Story came out a year ago, apparently.

The best part is that the district offered to avoid 100 teacher layoffs if the union would suspend the free surgery for one year. The union refused.

If you are the last person to join a union, especially a public employee union, expect that the rank and file don't care if your job is eliminated to preserve their current benefits. That's an old story too...

this is at least 2 year old news

and the union has already agreed to do away with the plastic surgery clause in the benefits package when a new deal is struck

yes it was retarded to offer them plastic surgery (it was offered to lure teachers/trick teachers into coming into terrible school system - a perk - no pun intended) but it is no longer an issue

this is at least 2 year old news

and the union has already agreed to do away with the plastic surgery clause in the benefits package when a new deal is struck

yes it was retarded to offer them plastic surgery (it was offered to lure teachers/trick teachers into coming into terrible school system - a perk - no pun intended) but it is no longer an issue

Oh it is still an issue. You said they agreed to remove it when a NEW deal is struck so it's still being paid for. I'll believe it's removed when the new deal is done. I'm just kind of cynical that way when it comes to government and unions.

Oh it is still an issue. You said they agreed to remove it when a NEW deal is struck so it's still being paid for. I'll believe it's removed when the new deal is done. I'm just kind of cynical that way when it comes to government and unions.

understandable, I belong to teachers union and hate every bit of it (they dont PROTECT me, they RESTRAIN me - I cant help a kid during my free period because its a union issue - mandated break...WTF??)

with that said, that clause will 100 percent be out of next contract (which is in 4 months)

understandable, I belong to teachers union and hate every bit of it (they dont PROTECT me, they RESTRAIN me - I cant help a kid during my free period because its a union issue - mandated break...WTF??)

with that said, that clause will 100 percent be out of next contract (which is in 4 months)

And replaced by what?? Get back to me in 4 months.