BP banned from new government contracts

Fezmid

I know a little about BP having lived in Alaska 18 years.Good riddance. They still think of America as a colony to extract resources from at maximum profit, damn the natives. They can- and will corrupt local government, destroy the environment[ After all it's not a real place like London! ] and leave with their billions.

As long as sir Browne [ or what ever fag is running it at the moment] can make lordship they could give a crap about what they destroy.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

So an environmental watchdog has the responsibility - nay, mandate - to determine who is eligible for the GSA schedule based on an arbitrary measures of abstracts like "integrity"?

Seems to be just a suspension more than ban...another little bit of punishment.

i think their bald face lies about the amount of oil spilling justifies this. it threatened the entire gulf and they could not be trusted to give the facts. who knows what else they haven't told us about.

Shh. Corporations are always right and always worry about the little guy. They never act without integrity and deserve their religious status bestowed upon them by the far right.

We're talking about 'Murica!

As I figured...in answer to the question about the EPA's authority to judge the qualifications of companies for government work based on integrity, the only answer is "BP sucks!"

None of you are even capable of giving a second's thought to whether or not the EPA should even remotely have that authority.

So an environmental watchdog has the responsibility - nay, mandate - to determine who is eligible for the GSA schedule based on an arbitrary measures of abstracts like "integrity"?

Democrats no longer control the House so the left had to come up with a new way to pick winners and losers

As I figured...in answer to the question about the EPA's authority to judge the qualifications of companies for government work based on integrity, the only answer is "BP sucks!"

None of you are even capable of giving a second's thought to whether or not the EPA should even remotely have that authority.

There's no question that you're right. But there's also no question that BP is a carpetbagging company that is directly responsible for multiple environmental catastrophes. Fug' 'em.

they may well not have the authority. the courts recently threw out some of their regulations against coal. let's see if BP takes em to court like the coal companies did. might air a lot of dirty laundry!

There's no question that you're right. But there's also no question that BP is a carpetbagging company that is directly responsible for multiple environmental catastrophes. Fug' 'em.

then there's that whole kaddhafi/libya/bomber thing. what a great company!

Nevermind that...notice how its "the big bad corporation's" fault about the public not knowing how much oil was spilled? I thought the highly efficient big Federal omniscient goverment machine was supposed to know that stuff.

Wow. It seems like only yesterday the Obama administration was giving Deepwater Horizon a national safety award.

They were "duped" by the big bad corporation, you see.