Bravo, Bucky

birdog1960

I just read the article myself, and for what it's worth, like it or not he is right. the team's owner has been called cheap for decades, long before this forum ever existed, and no matter what the Wilson lovers think we owe him, those are cold hard facts about an incompetent team, and a stingy owner. I love the Bills, but we owe that man nothing. He owes us a quality product in fact, to think any less is foolish.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph Wilson is one of the Crown Jewels of WNY.....we are lucky to have had him.....

what has bucky ever built ?....NOTHING !!!.....

it's so easy to tear someone or something down.....a little harder to build something.

If Ralph is our Crown Jewel, he certainly is the kind of ornament that reflects this franchise. Ralph didn't build anything. You did. You pay a lot of money for anything that has to do with the Bills. The Bills are part Ralph's hobby and mostly his ATM. He has done nothing with altruistic intent.

If Ralph is our Crown Jewel, he certainly is the kind of ornament that reflects this franchise. Ralph didn't build anything. You did. You pay a lot of money for anything that has to do with the Bills. The Bills are part Ralph's hobby and mostly his ATM. He has done nothing with altruistic intent.

Ask Kevin Everett.

GO BILLS!!!

To all those who've said "Thank goodness for RW because he never moved the BIlls"

What other city in this great USA would put up with this GOD AWFUL MEDDLING OWNER and his $HITTY run organization for 50 + years?

Edited by qwksilver

I would disagree with Bucky on one point: he said that making the playoffs 17 out of 52 times is "a staggering record for futility." That's just about exactly 1/3 of the time. For a good amount of those 52 years, 4 teams in the AFC made it out of 14, which is, of course, less than 1/3 of the teams. Now 6 out of 16 make it, or just more than 1/3. I would say making the playoffs 1/3 of the time is pretty close to average, if not ever-so-slightly below. I'm sure if you look at other teams, there are plenty that have made the playoffs less than 1/3 of the years in their existence including many teams that are good now- Falcons, Saints, etc. That's just a matter of poor journalism and/or a lack of perspective.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Isn't it the same thing every Bills fan says? Donahoe was a different hire and at the time Mularkey and Greg Williams were highly thought of coordinators. Jauron and Gailey hirings are laughable. If Nix goes against his word and actually does the right thing and fire Gailey we can look forward to Mike Sherman or someone similar. The best we probably have to hope for is Wanny is fired and they bring in a young DC who takes over mid-season next year when Gailey is fired.

I will eventually read all the posts when I get home

But pardon my french f this ****

My grandpa had a farm. He had started it when he was young. Retiring in the 70's only making $4.88/hr he still managed to buy over 100 acres and farm it successfully. When he got in to his 90's he told us he just wants the farm to stay as it is. No more working on whatever he built until he is gone. Then he"didn't give a damn." He passed away at 93 after battling dementia and cancer. Only when he could no longer make decisions in the last 6 months did we have a proxy In place to deal with his finances. It costs us tens of thousand if notable hundred and a lot of work and hard times. But it was his farm.

By all accounts Ralph is mentally fit for 94. And if you think just because he is 94 he cannot make decisions yourewrong. Its his team. He can do what he wants

Ask Kevin Everett.

GO BILLS!!!

I will post more then just that there later. But yes. Ask Kevin. A fully vested player who can now get NFLPA assistance because Wilson paid him for 4 years

I would disagree with Bucky on one point: he said that making the playoffs 17 out of 52 times is "a staggering record for futility." That's just about exactly 1/3 of the time. For a good amount of those 52 years, 4 teams in the AFC made it out of 14, which is, of course, less than 1/3 of the teams. Now 6 out of 16 make it, or just more than 1/3. I would say making the playoffs 1/3 of the time is pretty close to average, if not ever-so-slightly below. I'm sure if you look at other teams, there are plenty that have made the playoffs less than 1/3 of the years in their existence including many teams that are good now- Falcons, Saints, etc. That's just a matter of poor journalism and/or a lack of perspective.

i think the valid point is that a large number of those appearances came in a short time span under excellent management and he threw that away. subtracting those years, the playoff appearance percentage is much lower than 1/3, which, even on it's own, is nothing to celebrate.

Great article...But I'm unsure about the Polian thing...The reports coming out of Indy about Polian and his son are certainly not good...And the team they built completely collapsed without Manning...I mean...It did not just go bad...It exploded...And Irsay was quick to finger the Polian's for the collapse...So far it's looking like a good move...Polian deserves a ton of credit for what he's done in the past...He may very well be a Hall Of Famer himself some day...But I worry that it's past his time...

It may seem crazy because he is a part of the current mess...But I would almost rather give Whaley a shot over Polian...I would MUCH rather see the Bills pluck a top young guy from an Organization with proven, recent success...Not sure who that would be...But I would prefer it over Polian at this point... B-)

I will eventually read all the posts when I get home

But pardon my french f this ****

My grandpa had a farm. He had started it when he was young. Retiring in the 70's only making $4.88/hr he still managed to buy over 100 acres and farm it successfully. When he got in to his 90's he told us he just wants the farm to stay as it is. No more working on whatever he built until he is gone. Then he"didn't give a damn." He passed away at 93 after battling dementia and cancer. Only when he could no longer make decisions in the last 6 months did we have a proxy In place to deal with his finances. It costs us tens of thousand if notable hundred and a lot of work and hard times. But it was his farm.

By all accounts Ralph is mentally fit for 94. And if you think just because he is 94 he cannot make decisions yourewrong. Its his team. He can do what he wants

I will post more then just that there later. But yes. Ask Kevin. A fully vested player who can now get NFLPA assistance because Wilson paid him for 4 years

no one, including bucky, is asserting wilson can't do what he wants. he's repeatedly proven he can and will. he's asking if he could, for a change, want what's best for the fans and buffalo.

i think the valid point is that a large number of those appearances came in a short time span under excellent management and he threw that away. subtracting those years, the playoff appearance percentage is much lower than 1/3, which, even on it's own, is nothing to celebrate.

If you take away the Patriots' last decade, their existence is an abomination.

I didn't say that 17 years out of 52 is something to celebrate, I said it is not "staggering futility."

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Brave? Timely?

That article could have been written any time over the past 5 or 6 years. A ton of posters here have written the same thing over and over. If the Bills were a NYC/NJ team, the NYPost would have written this same thing a long time ago.

Welcome to 2012, Mr> Bucky Van Winkle.

Bucky did a good job but we have been saying Wilson is the problem for years now.

I have a question to you good people....

If Wilson doesn't care why in the world should we? Win or lose he makes a profit and tha't's what all good businessmen really want.

Think about it, they make a few moves each year to give us fans some hope or glimmer that it might get better and fore 13 yrs now the season is done before Dec. of every year??

I really hope they turn it around before Ralph passes. I really do . I know alot of people want to see Polian back. I dont. Let Doug Whaley run the team. We need a young fresh man that has Steeler background to him. Let him pick his coach and his QB and lets do it next year.

Brave? Timely?

That article could have been written any time over the past 5 or 6 years. A ton of posters here have written the same thing over and over. If the Bills were a NYC/NJ team, the NYPost would have written this same thing a long time ago.

Welcome to 2012, Mr> Bucky Van Winkle.

but a ton of posters here don't face reprecussions from one of the major subjects of their livelihoods. just some guff from the dwindling number of apologists.