HEISMAN

tombstone56

I love Manti Te'o but at the risk of offending some here, I'm not sure he's even the best LB in the country, let alone best player. For my money and even though freshmen aren't usually considered for the honor, Johnny Manziel is the best pure football player I've watched all season. His team wins because of him, plain and simple, from what I've seen. His impact on the game is just far greater than any defensive player simply because of the nature of the position. Time to give it to a freshman if you ask me.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow. I don't watch College football much if at all. I have heard of Manziel and seen a few highlights. Listened to people gawk over him.an I wish I watched TAMU this year after seeing these highlights. Looks like it was a real fun year.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1421529-heisman-watch-2012-power-ranking-the-top-3-candidates-to-walk-away-with-award

Teo's leadership on and off the field SHOULD win him the heisman, but the commitee hasn't taken a defensive player since Charles Woodson I think. I haven't seen a player that defenses avoid at all cost as much as him in years. He deserves it, but won't get it. Maziel won't get it because he is a freshman, unfortunately. It will be the RB from Wisconsin most likely...IMO

Teo's leadership on and off the field SHOULD win him the heisman, but the commitee hasn't taken a defensive player since Charles Woodson I think.

I just looked it up and Woodson is the only pure defensive player to ever win it.

Teo's leadership on and off the field SHOULD win him the heisman, but the commitee hasn't taken a defensive player since Charles Woodson I think. I haven't seen a player that defenses avoid at all cost as much as him in years. He deserves it, but won't get it. Maziel won't get it because he is a freshman, unfortunately. It will be the RB from Wisconsin most likely...IMO

I disagree with most of this post. Teo is good but there have been many players that offenses avoid and some even this year.

It has to be manzel. His numbers are better than cam and tebows heirs man years. I think the stigma is off freshman winning or even voting for them.

As for ball I would be surprised if he even gets a ny invite. This year hasn't been as good as last year. I think the invitees are Klein, teo, manzel, smith, and perhaps the USC wr woods.

I believe his returns helped him win it as well.

Yeah, this is what I thought as well and I actually started to type it out so I looked it up to double check. He only averaged 8 yards per punt return and had 1 TD. Somehow I remember him being more prolific as a returner.

Yeah, this is what I thought as well and I actually started to type it out so I looked it up to double check. He only averaged 8 yards per punt return and had 1 TD. Somehow I remember him being more prolific as a returner.

Hmm...thought there was more, oh well.

But he also played a tiny bit of WR and had 11 catches, 231 yards; 3 carries, 15 yards, 3 TD.

Manziel is a gamer pure and simple. He made plays on scrambles, passes in traffic, nice arm, thinks quick and is an emotional leader. Finally heard him the other night (due to the A&M ban on Freshman talking with press until regular season is over) and he is intelligent and well spoken. He is fast on bootlegs and in the open field. 4600 yds in a single season (passing and rushing) for SEC. Unbelievable. Will be fun to watch for a few years until the Jets sign him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.