One more offensive excuse

Terry Tate

I've tried to keep up with you guys, but the number of posts is overwhelming, so if you've already mentioned this and I missed it, I apologize in advance. Most of the offense shortfalls are well-documented here, but I didn't see learning a new scheme discussed as part of the problem.

The offense was pretty putrid all year, but this was the first year in a new offense, so isn't that part of the problem of lack of production? Don't QB's and WR's take longer to learn a new offense than everyone else? The OL and RB's usually show results faster in a new offense (and most recognize they have shown improvement over this season), but QB's and WR's tend to take longer to learn their roles, don't they?

I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, just saying I won't give up on one particular player or another.

PS if anyone is within hearing range of my house, the things I yell at the TV on Sunday were never meant for public consumption, and I in no way believe I am qualified on whether or not individual players, coaches or GMs should keep their jobs or not.