Randy Moss stirs things up again

Fezmid

If I was Matt Birk and the other players I would take the other approach. Leave the Vikes and Moss out to dry by sitting out plays or games or demanding a trade from Minn. Let Minn and Moss be there all by themselves until this facsimile of a human learns that he needs the rest of the team.

It was a jackass move.

I do have a question, though.

There were 2 seconds left. Could the Vikings even had ANY chance to cover the ball and get another play off. I thought on a onside kick you cannot recover the ball and run it, even though it should be live.

Someone correct me here.

It was a jackass move.

There were 2 seconds left.  Could the Vikings even had ANY chance to cover the ball and get another play off. I thought on a onside kick you cannot recover the ball and run it, even though it should be live.

Someone correct me here.

192208[/snapback]

The Vikes could've recovered the onside kick and had a chance at a hail mary.

If I remember correctly, you can return the kickoff if it bounces off of a receiving team player as well, but I could be mistaken on that.

CW

It was a jackass move.

There were 2 seconds left.  Could the Vikings even had ANY chance to cover the ball and get another play off. I thought on a onside kick you cannot recover the ball and run it, even though it should be live.

Someone correct me here.

192208[/snapback]

could they get another play off if they recovered the kick and there were a penalty on the other team? i believe the game can't end on a penalty to the "defense" team.

another question - why wasn't Moss out there to try to recover the kick? usually you want your best "hands" people. it's far - fetched, but if anyone on the Vikes could recover the kick AND make a run for the endzone, it would be Moss - if he weren't sulking.

The Vikes could've recovered the onside kick and had a chance at a hail mary.

If I remember correctly, you can return the kickoff if it bounces off of a receiving team player as well, but I could be mistaken on that.

CW

192212[/snapback]

Yes - otherwise it's just an extremely short kick-off.

could they get another play off if they recovered the kick and there were a penalty on the other team?  i believe the game can't end on a penalty to the "defense" team.

another question - why wasn't Moss out there to try to recover the kick?  usually you want your best "hands" people.  it's far - fetched, but if anyone on the Vikes could recover the kick AND make a run for the endzone, it would be Moss - if he weren't sulking.

192217[/snapback]

Great point - a team will usually have receivers out there for an on-side attempt. It's also good to have someone with the vertical leap Moss has if that ball takes a high hop.

The Vikings are one screwed up team.

I give Birk credit for not taking a swing at him and breaking him in half. There is sh-- you tolerate from superstar teammates and then there is bull sh-- like this. If I was Birk, I'd come out after they lose in the playoffs and demand "either he goes or I go". Funny that Moss can take on a meter maid in his car, but let's see him take on Birk.

Fug you Moss and fug you Tice for allowing this cancer to run out of control.

I give Birk credit for not taking a swing at him and breaking him in half.  There is sh-- you tolerate from superstar teammates and then there is bull sh-- like this.  If I was Birk, I'd come out after they lose in the playoffs and demand "either he goes or I go".  Funny that Moss can take on a meter maid in his car, but let's see him take on Birk.

192259[/snapback]

To be fair, Denny Green started it by coddling Moss. He should've nipped it in the bud.

That said, Tice should've said, "You may have done this before, but no more!"

CW

I give Birk credit for not taking a swing at him and breaking him in half.  There is sh-- you tolerate from superstar teammates and then there is bull sh-- like this.  If I was Birk, I'd come out after they lose in the playoffs and demand "either he goes or I go".  Funny that Moss can take on a meter maid in his car, but let's see him take on Birk.

192259[/snapback]

Unfortunately for Birk, an ultimatum would result in a see ya from the Vikes. Moss is untouchable in Minnesota. Even Culpepper plays second fiddle to him. Randy Moss needs a kick in the a** from his coach. Neither of his coaches in the NFL (Green or Tice) have ever taken him to task for his nonsense.

Keyshawn Johnson was a major tool like Moss when he first came into the league - Parcells turned him into a professional. Not all coaches have that ability to change a player's personality.

maybe he left the field, cus at that point they knew they didnt have to win to get to the playoffs and he wouldnt play in overtime anyway.

192295[/snapback]

Actually, they weren't guaranteed a playoff spot at that time...

CW

Keyshawn Johnson was a major tool like Moss when he first came into the league - Parcells turned him into a professional. Not all coaches have that ability to change a player's personality.

192278[/snapback]

Professional???..Then why did Gruden kick him off the team with 6 games to go in the 2003 season? Professional pain in the ass! ;)

Professional???..Then why did Gruden kick him off the team with 6 games to go in the 2003 season?  Professional pain in the ass! ;)

192327[/snapback]

Professional while he was with the Jets and now the Cowgirls. I thought the main issue down in Tampa was that Gruden was turning him into more of a secondary option and he didn't like it. Can't blame him for wanting the ball more. I don't follow the Bucaqueers so I don't know exactly what happened down in Tampa but I'll tell you this - what the f has Gruden done since the Super Bowl win? I believe they're the only Super Bowl winner to have two back to back losing seasons after winning the Super Bowl. Gruden split on Oakland befcre he finished the job and went to a Tampa team that Tony Dungy had assembled and had ready for another shot at the NFC championship. Who's to say that he wouldn't have taken them to the game that year. Gruden is overated - that Chucky crap is annoying.