Fireman Ed Quits...can Bills Elvis be far behind?

BRH

How about Kenny? Can you imagine still going to late-season meaningless road games after all these years?

P.S. Fireman Ed was/is such a tool. This is the first cool thing he's ever done.

That I certainly cannot imagine.

I was shocked to read that Ed is only 53. How long has he been doing this shtick? Got to be at LEAST twenty years.

Dumbest thing Ed did (well, other than that stupid chant) was switching to a Sanchez jersey. That sank him.

What a fraud this guy is. Can you imagine, if you will, propelling yourself as the face of your teams' "fandom" and then turning tail and running? God knows as Bills fans, we've had our moments of doubt but not one of us would pull this kind of public tantrum. If he ever shows up at a Jets game, i hope they shove his head in a deep fryer.

Done in by tebowmania. This really has gone beyond silly.

You think it's about Tebow?

I think it has a lot more to do with Sanchez sucking and Jets fans in general being !@#$s than it has to do with Tim Tebow.

What a fraud this guy is. Can you imagine, if you will, propelling yourself as the face of your teams' "fandom" and then turning tail and running?

I don't think it takes much imagination to guess what he's had to hear from the fans and on Twitter, as vocal a backer of Sanchez as he's been (and remember, Sanchez's dad is a retired fireman too). That said... I agree. He reveled in the attention for decades when it was good. Now that it's turned sour, he wants out. I'd say he's the perfect guy to be the face of Jets fandom.

How about Kenny? Can you imagine still going to late-season meaningless road games after all these years?

P.S. Fireman Ed was/is such a tool. This is the first cool thing he's ever done.

Exactly. Who cares about Elvis Bills fan. Kenny is the ultimate Bills fan and the day his active game streak and his tailgating days come to an end is when the NFL truly loses one of it's greatest fans.

What a fraud this guy is. Can you imagine, if you will, propelling yourself as the face of your teams' "fandom" and then turning tail and running? God knows as Bills fans, we've had our moments of doubt but not one of us would pull this kind of public tantrum. If he ever shows up at a Jets game, i hope they shove his head in a deep fryer.

He's not bailing because his team is garbage. -He's doing it because of uncivilized behavior on the part of NYJ fans. He cites an instance following his teams latest embarassing loss. I guess someone gave him s#it at a stadium restroom for wearing a #6 jersey.

Why would he be surprised at that? Most current Jets fans are the fair-weather variety. They had two decent seasons, and everyone loads onto the bandwagon wearing the jersey of the most popular player. :rolleyes: -Dumasses.

It says

he no longer will attend home games as Fireman Ed.
he is not going to stop going to home games, he is not going home games as Fireman Ed, if he had real pride, he would stick it out with the team, if not quit going all together Edited by Matt183

You don't know Kenny if you think he would stop going to Bills games, home or away. Beside Seattle in Toronto which is not that far, going to Miami in December might not be a bad thing!

Ed was a Dolphins fan as a kid. That whole"Superfan" thing was a fraud. I always wondered how he could afford the seats he had. PSL is $15,000 for 5 years plus $130 a game. Imagine paying that to watch the last 5 years of Bills football.

Probably not much different than going to early-season meaningless road games. I often kid Kenny that the Bills' slide coincides with his streak - we've only won 1 playoff game since it began, and that was in '95 (the 'Tim Tindale' game against the fish).

Stop the "I'm a better fan than __" high horse routine. If he ever shows up? He is still showing up. The Jets have sucked most of the last 40 years - you think he's quitting because of 2 bad years?

Now if you want to give him crap for being an attention whore in the first place that's fine...

Probably not much different than going to early-season meaningless road games. I often kid Kenny that the Bills' slide coincides with his streak - we've only won 1 playoff game since it began, and that was in '95 (the 'Tim Tindale' game against the fish).

Perhaps he needs to shave his head and beard off!