Heard a very bad comment about the Bills on 1070 The Fan in Indy

HOUSE

the true experts are the people whose livelihood really depends on accurately predicting the outcome of these games --- oddsmakers and gamblers. they have made the Colts 3 point favorites. Given that the Colts are the home team, and home field advantage is, as a rule of thumb, considered to be worth about 3 points, its essentially an even match up.

The Colts have been in a rebuild mode since 2010. They are 3 years in to a rebuild. Dungy's last season with them was their last great season. The 2010 season, and many seasons before were masked heavily by Manning. The Colts did very well by focusing around a strong offense and having good defenses, but to not realize that 2010 and 2011 were horrible years for them is laughable. Without Manning on the team in 2010 they'd not have won 10 games. They have also played in one of the most piss poor conferences in the league.

Proof of this: The Saints outcoached the Colts, sure, but more importantly, showed that the Colts were not very good that season. Every team they faced tried to outscore them when all they had to do was control the clock.

the true experts are the people whose livelihood really depends on accurately predicting the outcome of these games --- oddsmakers and gamblers. they have made the Colts 3 point favorites. Given that the Colts are the home team, and home field advantage is, as a rule of thumb, considered to be worth about 3 points, its essentially an even match up.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/sports-betting2.htm

Oddsmakers don't try to predict the outcome of the game when setting point spreads. If a team is favored by seven points, that doesn't mean that the oddsmaker necessarily thinks it will win by seven points. The oddsmaker's goal when setting the line is to keep an equal number of bets on both sides of the game. The betting public's perception of the game can be as important as the actual comparison of the two teams.

They bottomed out at the right time.

I'm surprised no one has seized on the fact that the Bills face their arch nemesis tomorrow - Luck.

Yeah, that's some kind of coincidence, eh?

It was probably a concerted effort to bottom out like that. Very smart management. You have to make it look accidental, though.

I'm surprised no one has seized on the fact that the Bills face their arch nemesis tomorrow - Luck.

oh thats good coach !

i did chuckle indeed.

We have had very little Luck the last 52 years.

Or so i hear.

Once Manning went down, the Colts tanked on purpose last year to get their shot at Luck. Anyone else who believes it wasn't on purpose is nuts.

The Colts have been in a rebuild mode since 2010. They are 3 years in to a rebuild.

Really? New GM, HC (who is battling a life threatening illness), coaching staff, QB, defensive scheme, offensive scheme, and they're 3 years into a rebuild? I'm sorry that doesn't pass the smell test and while the AFCS isn't exceptionally strong, the Colts have more wins in 10 games than Buffalo did in Year 0 of their rebuild, 2010.

How? It's because the Bills have been looking for a franchise QB, while the Colts have conveniently gotten the 1st overall pick when a franchise, can't-miss QB, was there for the taking. Maybe the Bills should intentionally tank the season before Manziel enters the draft?

And besides, if the Bills win, who cares where the betting line was set? Not to mention, what does it say about Min and GB, who lost to them?

Swap the QBs.

Indy has been fortunate enough TWICE to suck when the best QB of the generation is there for the taking. The BILLS' worst season netted us a number 3 pick. If it was 1983 that would mean a shot at a couple of future HoFers but any other time?

Our roster is so much stronger than theirs it isn't even funny. Our defense has played poorly but looks like the '74 Steelers talent-wise compared to Indy.

How does a team 3 years into a rebuilding project (Bills) be the overwhelming UNDERDOG against last years worst NFL team ? ( Colts)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

So where's the "very bad comment" and how are the Bills a "overwhelming UNDERDOG"? Because people from ESPN picked the Colts? Don't you know that all those fools do is look at a team and pick a winner based off their record (unless you're the Eagles or Cowboys, then they pick you regardless of record).

Please learn who to write a proper heading for a Topic. I swear this forum is worse and worse every single day.