Thanksgiving dinner thread

Jim in Anchorage

Fortunate... having family composed of family oriented Ladies. As group they before a special such dinner will go to market collect ingredients, fresh fruits and vegetables. They will make a number of loaves of bread, dinner rolls, tea biscuits, cream schnitz ,strawberry rhubarb, elderberry, and pumpkin pie. Butter tarts, chocoloate cake . Also ginger bread cookies, monster cookies, hermit , chocodillo squares. The make also fresh butter and ice cream.

The main meal composed of roasted Turkey, Beef and Ham, plenty of mashed potato, peas, carrots, squash, sweet potato. They make bean salad and jelly salad concoctions. Also on the table are various preserves, fruit relish, beat relish, baby corn, dill, and sweet pickles along with some jams, grape and raspberry, strawberry and current. other ones i don't know name of that taste really good. The table will have plenty of apple cider , coffee, milk. Easy to get fat at our house thus i run daily .

We are truly a blessed people who generally may have what we wish based on availability and skill of those composing our meals. Personally i most thankful for this and appreciative.... :)

So, Whats your address again and what time should we all come over?

Thats a strange looking turkey

My dad was the cook in our family but he passed back in January. It's just me & my mom so we're keeping it simple. She made her cranberry/orange relish in the food processor yesterday and she'll doing a simple green bean dish because she's tired of the GB casserole. I put a turkey breast in the brine this morning and I'll do a simple stuffing/dressing later. Dad's specialty was baking and his best dish was pumpkin chiffon pie. I haven't attempted to make that and Thanksgiving is no time to be auditioning new dishes, so we bought an apple pie at the store. It won't be the same but it'll do.

I'm sort of looking forward to the turkey sandwiches in the coming days. :thumbsup:

i never get tired of thanksgiving casseroles. hope our friends have made either green bean or broccoli casserole. mmmm, mmmm

in truth given i have farm, have pondered how cool it would be to have a twobillsdrive gathering , personally have grown to appreciate so many fine folk, in sincerity it would be entirely my privilege to have you and others for a gathering.. can remember back in the day, not having a great deal , young and fledgling , thanksgivings not so much in terms of grand meals and trimmings, but we had each other, think where there is love about the rest takes care of itself. Today we richly blessed and I a most thankful appreciative person... (so nice to speak with you)

So, Whats your address again and what time should we all come over?

Thats a strange looking turkey