Did you know . . .

Did you know.....

That in 1970 or 71 (can't recall which) they almost went to a coin flip to determine post season eligibility? Came down to last game for Giants and Lions, if they both won, all the tie breakers were even, would have been a coin flip. (There weren't nearly as many tie breakers in place back then) Both teams volunteered to play a game on the following Tuesday, to avoid the coin flip, but league said no rule are the rules. Fortunately for the league, the Giants were upset by the Rams and coin flip went away. That off season the league added in many more tie breaker elements so has never come close to a coin flip since.

Well, there's 2 ways to look at it. If the Pats win, it will help us beat out the Jets. Or if the Jets win in a fluke because we all know they suck, we get closer to the Pats and the division. I know, laugh all you want, but the Pats have to finish out with 3 division games which are never easy and some other tough ones. The 49ers being one of them. If we keep winning and they lose a few, we might still have a shot. Either way, I don't foresee the Jets continuing to win for the remaining season even if they beat the Pars this week so I'm not worried. At the end of the day, we just need to keep winning.

If the Jets beat the Pats, we have a decent shot at winning the division. They still have to play Houston and San Francisco. If they lose both, they are 7-6, if Miami upsets them in Miami, they are 7-7 going into the final two games. If we win out, we win the division. Unlikely, sure, but I don't see the Jets as a legitimate threat for our playoff spot. I'm concerned about Indy and Cincy. Pittsburg comes back into the fold if Big Ben returns soon - and there's a decent chance he'll be back week 13.

If the Jets beat the Pats, we have a decent shot at winning the division. They still have to play Houston and San Francisco. If they lose both, they are 7-6, if Miami upsets them in Miami, they are 7-7 going into the final two games. If we win out, we win the division. Unlikely, sure, but I don't see the Jets as a legitimate threat for our playoff spot. I'm concerned about Indy and Cincy. Pittsburg comes back into the fold if Big Ben returns soon - and there's a decent chance he'll be back week 13.

This---^