former Colts LB Greg Lloyd signed to practice squad

PromoTheRobot

In 2009, Lloyd tore both his ACL and MCL. He returned in 2010, but the injury lingered and caused him to miss nine games as a senior.

Lloyd stands at 6’2″ and 260 pounds so I like the size he has. He’s known as a downhill player who can step into a hole and blow it up. Lloyd as known as a heavy hitting guy, and I like that as the Eagles really lack a scary player on defense who can really lay a hit.

Although he does very well at filling holes inside, he fairs pretty well in plays that stretch to the outside. He doesn’t have great open field speed, but he slides well and can make plays that go around the edge.

Lloyd has proven to be a versatile player and it has drawn some speculation as to where he projects in the NFL. He could line up as a larger defensive end, but clearly has the ability to play linebacker.

In 2009, Lloyd tore both his ACL and MCL. He returned in 2010, but the injury lingered and caused him to miss nine games as a senior.

Lloyd stands at 6’2″ and 260 pounds so I like the size he has. He’s known as a downhill player who can step into a hole and blow it up. Lloyd as known as a heavy hitting guy, and I like that as the Eagles really lack a scary player on defense who can really lay a hit.

Although he does very well at filling holes inside, he fairs pretty well in plays that stretch to the outside. He doesn’t have great open field speed, but he slides well and can make plays that go around the edge.

Lloyd has proven to be a versatile player and it has drawn some speculation as to where he projects in the NFL. He could line up as a larger defensive end, but clearly has the ability to play linebacker.

perhaps he meant smaller DE, at 260? only thing that stands out to give me pause on that writeup. but i suppose hes about the size of babin in philly, so as a philly writeup it may not be that far off.

They have resorted to purging people from the retirement land. Whats next Emmitt??? He got eliminated last night so he is available?

The Bills only signed him after failing to convince Jason Gildon to make another comeback attempt.

Ahhh, the PS. Or as Bills players probably call it Hell. The lucky ones though get promoted to the 53 man roster. Then sit there inactive.

On the other hand, most of the guys on the practice squad are making more money than they would doing virtually anything else.

These guys make a minimum (they can be paid more) of $5700 a week so that's $96,900 per season.

Also, the practice squad is the quintessential "low-responsibility, high-compensation" job.

Yes, they're being scrutinized and evaluated by the coaching staff but aside from that, there's no pressure on them from media and fans and they can still draw 100K for a season.

For a person with dreams of playing in the NFL, that's a pretty good deal, IMO.

The team feeds them, trains them, teaches them, and pays them a good salary.