Canada, Will You Make Illinois A Province? CA Is Next.

3rdnlng

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/20/illinois-moves-grant-licenses-illegal-immigrants/

Illinois’ top leaders said Tuesday that they will push to issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants — testing federal strictures and becoming the latest sign that the pendulum has swung away from Arizona-style crackdowns and toward those pursuing a softer line on immigration.

Read more: Illinois works on driver's licenses for illegals - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/20/illinois-moves-grant-licenses-illegal-immigrants/#ixzz2CpjK6SCQ

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Oh the unintended consequences, Batman.

I wonder, when the illegal can't get insurance, because he's still illegal, and hits you, you still won't be able to recover anything from his non-existent insurance company. Where are the lawyers here? If the state legitimizes the guy by giving him a license, can't you now sue to the state for damages?

Won't the state have to force companies to insure illegals as a result, and therefore, won't they simply jack up all their premiums as a result?

So....once again, everybody else gets screwed, so that the clowns can have their phony moral superiority argument.

Or, am I wrong, and will hear that, just like Obamacare, this will make premiums go down. :lol: How's that working, clowns? It really is amazing, when you can tell somebody the cause and effect, before something happens, during, and after, and be accurate the entire time...and they continue to deny what is right in front of their nose.

I wonder, when the illegal can't get insurance, because he's still illegal, and hits you, you still won't be able to recover anything from his non-existent insurance company. Where are the lawyers here? If the state legitimizes the guy by giving him a license, can't you now sue to the state for damages?

Won't the state have to force companies to insure illegals as a result, and therefore, won't they simply jack up all their premiums as a result?

So....once again, everybody else gets screwed, so that the clowns can have their phony moral superiority argument.

Or, am I wrong, and will hear that, just like Obamacare, this will make premiums go down. :lol: How's that working, clowns? It really is amazing, when you can tell somebody the cause and effect, before something happens, during, and after, and be accurate the entire time...and they continue to deny what is right in front of their nose.

I am not sure how insurance will work in Illinois... But from my what I have dealt with, it is a bit different that say a forced plate state like New York... The two big ones Allstate and State Farm reside outside Chicago... They will find a way to get them on the rolls... I think insurance has only been mandatory say the last 20 or so years in Illinois...??

Here is a quick search... Illegals can get car insurance... Seems New Mexico made it possible since 2003.

http://www.autoinsur...auto-insurance/

"While most states continue to deny illegal aliens the right to a driver’s license, some auto insurers offer auto insurance to illegal aliens. The reason behind the companies’ decision to sell auto insurance to illegal aliens is a practical one. When an insured driver is hit by an illegal alien without a driver’s license or auto insurance, the legal driver is often forced to pay for some damages out of his own pocket. Auto insurance sold to illegal aliens protects other drivers from illegal aliens.

What auto insurance companies will sell coverage to illegal immigrants?

Some auto insurance companies including Alliance United, Bristol West, Farmers Group, and Infinity P&C sell auto insurance to illegal aliens. Their reason to do so doesn’t concern a moral judgment of illegally living in the United States."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

If a uninsured driver hit your car today, what would you do? Is it different if a dirty mexican with no car insurance hits your car. Or is this another strawman?

As far as your predictions being perfect, really?

If a uninsured driver hit your car today, what would you do? Is it different if a dirty mexican with no car insurance hits your car. Or is this another strawman?

As far as your predictions being perfect, really?

New Mexico currently issues driver's licenses to illegal immigrants and leads the country in un-insured motorists at 29%. The only other state that issues illegal driver's licenses is Washington state with uninsured at %16. Mexicans ignoring the law more than the Canucks?

New Mexico currently issues driver's licenses to illegal immigrants and leads the country in un-insured motorists at 29%. The only other state that issues illegal driver's licenses is Washington state with uninsured at %16. Mexicans ignoring the law more than the Canucks?

I don't agree with giving illegals the same privileges as americans. Let them become citizens legally.

I don't agree with giving illegals the same privileges as americans. Let them become citizens legally.

Did you catch the "flowchart" in TIME a while back? I know, I know... But it was interestin... The "flowchart" was put together to show how somebody could become a legal citizen. Really, pretty shocking... The Bills have a better chance @ beating the Pats* in Foxboro by 35 points than the majority of people becoming citizens... ESPECIALLY from Mexico. If I can find it, I will edit this post.

EDIT: Here is one (not TIME), and that is just to a Green Card:

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/immigration-flowchart-roadmap-to-green-card.pdf

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

True story:

This past Labor Day weekend I'm parked in front of a house in the city of Chicago visiting a family member. As I walk out of the house and approach the car, an SUV sideswipes my car and takes off. I jump into my car, traffic is very heavy but after some fancy driving I catch the guy. He tries to get away down some side streets but gives up and pulls over. He gets out of the car and hands me his insurance card and only says, here, take this and State Farm will fix your car. He's about an 18 year old Latino. He says he has no driver's license to show me and won't give me his name and says the car belongs to his mother. He gives me her phone number and when I tell him he needs to stay until police come (Illinois law requires police report for more than $1500 damage) he quickly leaves the scene again. An hour later Chicago police show up and file a report and file it as a hit and run. I call his mother and person answering the phone only speaks Spanish (I do not). I contact State Farm and long story short, State Farm insists that the person driving the car was a 54 year old man. Not a chance. Only 2 teenagers in the car when this happened. I argue but say that I just want my car fixed. To my knowledge Chicago never pursued the hit and run charge. $9K to fix the car. The kid's got his Dad, State Farm and the city of Chicago all covering his behind.

True story:

This past Labor Day weekend I'm parked in front of a house in the city of Chicago visiting a family member. As I walk out of the house and approach the car, an SUV sideswipes my car and takes off. I jump into my car, traffic is very heavy but after some fancy driving I catch the guy. He tries to get away down some side streets but gives up and pulls over. He gets out of the car and hands me his insurance card and only says, here, take this and State Farm will fix your car. He's about an 18 year old Latino. He says he has no driver's license to show me and won't give me his name and says the car belongs to his mother. He gives me her phone number and when I tell him he needs to stay until police come (Illinois law requires police report for more than $1500 damage) he quickly leaves the scene again. An hour later Chicago police show up and file a report and file it as a hit and run. I call his mother and person answering the phone only speaks Spanish (I do not). I contact State Farm and long story short, State Farm insists that the person driving the car was a 54 year old man. Not a chance. Only 2 teenagers in the car when this happened. I argue but say that I just want my car fixed. To my knowledge Chicago never pursued the hit and run charge. $9K to fix the car. The kid's got his Dad, State Farm and the city of Chicago all covering his behind.

Wow... First the hit and run the 9k... Wow... That is a steep bill for the damage... What kinda car do you drive? Dam..n!