Playoffs?!?! What are you talkin, playoffs?!?! What w

JÂy RÛßeÒ

How you feelin'  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What will it take for you to start thinking the playoffs are a possibility for this team?

• Dude, I'm already there!
    • I'll believe it when they're in (and maybe not even then) - I've seen this too many times
    • Beat Indy & Jacksonville to get to .500 then we'll talk
    • Seattle's the only tough team we have left - if we win our next 4...
    • Who cares - they'd have beaten most of the worst teams and will get thrashed in the 1st round.

I think 9-7 gets us in. The Steelers have the Ravens again (another loss), I think Indy has the Texans at least one more time, plus we play them and MIA again. Even if Seattle beats us, we control our own destiny. Our playoffs (started) against MIA, but I think 9-7 will do it this year.

Chad Henne looked like really good yesterday. If Gaine Blabbert is still sidelined that game just got more difficult.

I'm pissed about the Seattle game being in Toronto.

This schedule is easier than the first half but they're aren't any gimme games, like the Brownies and Chefs.

Even if Seattle beats us, we control our own destiny.

Actually, even if we beat Seattle AND everybody else left on our schedule, we don't. The teams currently ahead of us for the 2 wildcard spots are:

Pitt: 6-4

Indy: 6-4

Cinci: 5-5

Of those three teams, the only one we play this season is Indy. If we beat them, they have 5 losses. Among those three teams, the only game any of them have left with each other is a game between Pitt and Cinci. If Cinci wins that game, then Pitt and Cinci will each have 5 losses.

We already have 6 losses, so even if we win the rest of our games, we can still finish behind all three of those teams. That means we do not control our own destiny. We need help from other teams, even if we win out to finish at 10-6.

Actually, even if we beat Seattle AND everybody else left on our schedule, we don't. The teams currently ahead of us for the 2 wildcard spots are:

Pitt: 6-4

Indy: 6-4

Cinci: 5-5

Of those three teams, the only one we play this season is Indy. If we beat them, they have 5 losses. Among those three teams, the only game any of them have left with each other is a game between Pitt and Cinci. If Cinci wins that game, then Pitt and Cinci will each have 5 losses.

We already have 6 losses, so even if we win the rest of our games, we can still finish behind all three of those teams. That means we do not control our own destiny. We need help from other teams, even if we win out to finish at 10-6.

While that's true, the odds of more than one of those teams winning out is all but nill. If we go 10-6 is almost certain we'll get in. 9-7 is where it gets really iffy.