jets at rams game thread

truth on hold

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on this game would you swap Fitz for Bradford?

I dunno. Based on age, you'd almost have to, but Bradford has been very underwhelming since his rookie year. Granted, he still has terrible talent around him (SJax excluded), and I don't know how great his coaching is/has been, but... I mentioned those offsides jumps by the Jets earlier. Two of the three were on hard count by Bradford. Good job by Bradford to induce the D into jumping offsides, but then doesn't finish the job and have the C snap the ball. What gives? That's a significant red flag to me that something's not going right upstairs for Bradford. Furthermore, his arm didn't look great in this game. Some poor accuracy, an inability to move the chains despite having a pretty effective RB, and I saw a deep out on the TD drive that just hung... in... the... air... forever. Great decision b/c the WR was open, but the pass took so long getting there that it probably should've been picked. As it was, it was still an incompletion.

I don't think Fitz is the long term answer, particularly at his age, but I don't know that Bradford is the answer either. If you're the Rams, he's too young to give up on -- you have to get him more offensive talent and hope he gets better -- but with nothing invested in him, I'd prefer to roll the dice with a non-Barkley rookie. And I'm fine with Fitz caretaking for a year or two if necessary.