jets at rams game thread

truth on hold

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Janoris Jenkins looks pretty good, huh? I recall a lively debate about him (not that anyone was arguing he wasn't going to be a good player).

The Tebow thing is just ridiculous. The Jets totally killed their momentum bringing him in for a handoff. And maybe Rex ran that fake punt a few too many times in September. LOL

I'd take Bradford in a millisecond over Fitz. I am betting if you polled every non-Bills coach in the NFL, it would be damn near unanimous. You gotta take off the Bills' tinted glasses, PTR.

And you gotta take off your Fitz' hater glasses. A blind comparison of resumes isn't even close.

http://www.nfl.com/player/sambradford/497095/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanfitzpatrick/2506581/careerstats

The only thing Bradford actually has that are better than Fitz is his draft status, arm strength, and size. Fitz is a better NFL QB than Bradford. Also, Bradford plays the majority of his games in a dome/ warm weather. But it's probably jsut Fitz' collection of stud 7th round pick and UDFAs that make him look so good.

Fitz is very replaceable but this anyone is better than Fitz mantra is so tiring. Bradford is the sole reason the Jets are in this game.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Walks on water? I must have been drunk when I compared him to Jesus. He has better physical tools and is a better QB. I'd love to see the numbers he puts up in our offense.

Saying I'd take any QB over Fitz does not necessarily cast them into "elite" status.

Jusus's game wouldn't translate to today's NFL.

2012:

Fitz:

2179yds, 62.5%, 17TDs, 10INTs, 87.0 rating, 4-6 record

Bradford:

2072yds, 62.2%, 11TDs, 8INTs, 85.3 rating, 3-5-1 record

---------------------------------------

2011:

Fitz:

3832yds, 62.0%, 24TDs, 23TDs, 79.1 rating, 6-10 record

Bradford:

2164yds, 53.5%, 6TDs, 6INTs, 70.5 rating, 2-14 record

------------------------------------

2010:

Fitz:

3,000yds, 57.8%, 23TDs, 15 INTs, 81.8 rating 4-10 record

Bradford:

3,512yds, 60.0%, 18TDs, 15INTs, 76.5 rating, 7-9 record.

Here's a comparison of the last three season's of Fitz and Bradford. What exactly says Bradford is far superior to Fitz? To me Bradford is a QB who was a big hype out of college, a #1 pick overall we never see, so we assume he must be a 100X better than Fitz. Please prove me wrong.

Again...not arguing Fitz is some awesome QB. Just that Bradford is nothing special so far.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Janoris Jenkins looks pretty good, huh? I recall a lively debate about him (not that anyone was arguing he wasn't going to be a good player).

The Tebow thing is just ridiculous. The Jets totally killed their momentum bringing him in for a handoff. And maybe Rex ran that fake punt a few too many times in September. LOL

Jenkins is in the Pacman mold. He got suspended by the the team last week. So talented, so risky. Personally, I'd pass on guys like that unless they were late rounder or UDFAs.

2012:

Fitz:

2179yds, 62.5%, 17TDs, 10INTs, 87.0 rating, 4-6 record

Bradford:

2072yds, 62.2%, 11TDs, 8INTs, 85.3 rating, 3-5-1 record

---------------------------------------

2011:

Fitz:

3832yds, 62.0%, 24TDs, 23TDs, 79.1 rating, 6-10 record

Bradford:

2164yds, 53.5%, 6TDs, 6INTs, 70.5 rating, 2-14 record

------------------------------------

2010:

Fitz:

3,000yds, 57.8%, 23TDs, 15 INTs, 81.8 rating 4-10 record

Bradford:

3,512yds, 60.0%, 18TDs, 15INTs, 76.5 rating, 7-9 record.

Here's a comparison of the last three season's of Fitz and Bradford. What exactly says Bradford is far superior to Fitz? To me Bradford is a QB who was a big hype out of college, a #1 pick overall we never see, so we assume he must be a 100X better than Fitz. Please prove me wrong.

Again...not arguing Fitz is some awesome QB. Just that Bradford is nothing special so far.

PTR

Um, Bradford went to a better football school than Fitz. Thus, he's better.

Signed, Jimmy Clausen, Blaine Gabbert, Rex Grossman, Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart

Edited by C.Biscuit97