Where is Spiller ?

We were watching the game Thursday night. And everybody is pissed about C.J. missing all these 3rd downs. Are best weapon is on the sidelines standing. It`s not his set of plays . C`mon man. The opposing D has to be loving it. C`mon Chan get a clue. I also love the run up the gut into their stacked D on 3rd at the end. We had a wide side with the D set the other way. a sweep left with his speed is a no- brainer.

I'm Chan Gailey. I'm really good at picking up players in drafts and Free Agency and even trading for ayers that I never use, EVER! But putting in my biggest weapons in serious situations I'm not so good at.

;-)

You are delusional because you think you are Chan Galley AND are picking players on draft day rather than front office.

And probably think you have a beard as good as Chan's too.

:-)

I think Chan might do himself some good at watching some films on how teams handle a special player. Jones-Drew, AP, Martin in Tampa. Those guys are ALWAYS on the field on 3rd downs. If nothing else they're valuable as a decoy.

Against Houston and New England he only had 6 and 9 carries, a total joke. Against Miami CJ had 22 runs and 3 catches. That's solid usage, but I agree with you that it seems like in the critical situations CJ's only in half the time.

Spiller also seems to be a great route runner and has good hands. Obviously on that last play in New England he smoked that LB and was wide open for the game winner--you know--when Fitz was looking right at him for a simple 9 yard throw, but chose to turn to the other side of the field and give the Patsies another W.

I'm sick of Chan saying we need to get CJ involved more when he's the guy calling the plays.

Coaches outthink themselves sometimes. Like these coaches trying to get cute and "ICE" kickers by giving them extra time to prepare for their kicks, assess the wind and field conditions, and in some cases even give them a practice shot.

I think Chan might do himself some good at watching some films on how teams handle a special player. Jones-Drew, AP, Martin in Tampa. Those guys are ALWAYS on the field on 3rd downs. If nothing else they're valuable as a decoy.

Against Houston and New England he only had 6 and 9 carries, a total joke. Against Miami CJ had 22 runs and 3 catches. That's solid usage, but I agree with you that it seems like in the critical situations CJ's only in half the time.

Spiller also seems to be a great route runner and has good hands. Obviously on that last play in New England he smoked that LB and was wide open for the game winner--you know--when Fitz was looking right at him for a simple 9 yard throw, but chose to turn to the other side of the field and give the Patsies another W.

I'm sick of Chan saying we need to get CJ involved more when he's the guy calling the plays.

Coaches outthink themselves sometimes. Like these coaches trying to get cute and "ICE" kickers by giving them extra time to prepare for their kicks, assess the wind and field conditions, and in some cases even give them a practice shot.

Ive had soapy posts like this one that I can't even remember what the hell I'm arguing about anymore. People apparently still think Chan isn't responsible for Spillers performance. It's clearly obvious with his 7+ yards a carry, speed, elusiveness, and speed to break away from anybody and score in any given play that he is a special talent. And yet Chan still has interviews where he says things like "We'll, we really need to get CJ more involved" but then don't use him on even half of your 3rd downs and don't have him in on a single red zone opportunity.

Yes, CJ deserves breaks and plays off. But 6 in a row at the end of the half of Thursdays game had me wondering if CJ pulled a Travis Henry and picked up a 15 year old girl last week that happened to be Chans daughter or something. It was criminal that CJ didn't have a single in the red zone considering there were 4 trips to the red zone the other night.

Ive had soapy posts like this one that I can't even remember what the hell I'm arguing about anymore. People apparently still think Chan isn't responsible for Spillers performance. It's clearly obvious with his 7+ yards a carry, speed, elusiveness, and speed to break away from anybody and score in any given play that he is a special talent. And yet Chan still has interviews where he says things like "We'll, we really need to get CJ more involved" but then don't use him on even half of your 3rd downs and don't have him in on a single red zone opportunity.

Yes, CJ deserves breaks and plays off. But 6 in a row at the end of the half of Thursdays game had me wondering if CJ pulled a Travis Henry and picked up a 15 year old girl last week that happened to be Chans daughter or something. It was criminal that CJ didn't have a single in the red zone considering there were 4 trips to the red zone the other night.

Spiller got stuffed twice on 3rd and short. He's obviously worn out when he rips off those 20 yard runs, which is why Chan continued to sub him. Even with Freddy injured, he was averaging 4.3 YPC, 3 yards less than the rest of the year. That's not too "phenomenal."

Just face facts that he is a different back than Fred, and Chan likes to keep him explosion ready, while burdening Fred for the shorter gains.

Spiller got stuffed twice on 3rd and short. He's obviously worn out when he rips off those 20 yard runs, which is why Chan continued to sub him. Even with Freddy injured, he was averaging 4.3 YPC, 3 yards less than the rest of the year. That's not too "phenomenal."

Just face facts that he is a different back than Fred, and Chan likes to keep him explosion ready, while burdening Fred for the shorter gains.

Fred should be in on 3rd and short. But Fred wasn't in the game. Instead they used Tashard Choice. Not their RB that was averaging over 7 yards a carry for the season. The 3rd string RB that doesn't scare a single player in the league.

As far as his options on 3rd down. I don't know about both runs, but the one was in a spot late in the game, where we needed to Jill the clock, make them use their timeouts, and get past the sticks. There wasn't a single person on the field, on the sidelines, in the stands, or anyone at home watching on their RBs that didn't think CJ was getting the ball there. The fact that he didn't get injured is a blessing. The entire defense knew what the play was.

My bigger concern is 4 trips to the red zone and your most explosive player isn't in the field at all. He's on the sideline wearing a jacket while Tashard Choice gets the ball. It's no surprise we were moving the ball between the 20s only to stop dead in our tracks inside the red zone. The difference ALL night.....CJ Spiller in the sideline in the red zone.