Dime defense

The most glaring thing again yesterday was the D's inability to get off the field in 3rd & long.

In 3rd & long, off lumber Pat Williams, Sam Adams, & Chris Kelsay - and with them goes any hope for pass rush. In come Ron Edwards, Kevin Thomas, & Jabari Greer. Jeff Posey moves up as LDE. We get no pass rush and we have 3 raw DBs (including McGee who still has a target on his jersey) out there for QB's to patiently look over and pick apart.

Posey is a big disappointment IMHO. He had half a good year before coming here but has done little. At the very least I'd leave Kelsay in there to hopefully generate some pressure. I didn't notice if Troy Vincent moves up as a slot corner in dime, but if not I think it's a great idea.

The most glaring thing again yesterday was the D's inability to get off the field in 3rd & long.

In 3rd & long, off lumber Pat Williams, Sam Adams, & Chris Kelsay - and with them goes any hope for pass rush.  In come Ron Edwards, Kevin Thomas, & Jabari Greer.  Jeff Posey moves up as LDE.  We get no pass rush and we have 3 raw DBs (including McGee who still has a target on his jersey) out there for QB's to patiently look over and pick apart.

Posey is a big disappointment IMHO.  He had half a good year before coming here but has done little.  At the very least I'd leave Kelsay in there to hopefully generate some pressure.  I didn't notice if Troy Vincent moves up as a slot corner in dime, but if not I think it's a great idea.

191906[/snapback]

I hate seeing the package change on third and long. The first and second down people are much more effective. This is one reason for Sam Adams outburst early in the year.

i agree, jay. i was screaming at the television. i really think our coaches outcoached themselves. it's more simple than they made it. leave your best players on the field, especially after they were just effective for two downs.

sam is our best pash rusher. leave him in. kelsay is an animal. leave him in. posey isn't a playmaker. why is he in at DE?

it was makign me crazy.