Teen sentenced to 10 years of church for manslaughter

Beerball

"That's retarded," said my girlfriend, "church?! I thought there was a seperation of church and state."

I had figured there was no way this happened in a state north of the Mason-Dixon Line. I'm all about religious freedom and I get the idea but it is freaking ridiculous to make him go there.

Better than what happened in my family on

Mother's Day of 1997. A teen of similar age

ran a stop sign and hit my father in law head

on instantly killing him. Only was charged with

running a stop sign NOTHING else!!! At least this

one is being required to full fill some sort

of requirement.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

of requirement.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Sorry for your loss.

of requirement.

was the teen drinking, like the teen from this story?

if there was no alcohol or drugs involved, then usually not much is done from a criminal point of view

sorry that you lost a family member in that incident

was the teen drinking, like the teen from this story?

if there was no alcohol or drugs involved, then usually not much is done from a criminal point of view

sorry that you lost a family member in that incident

No alcohol or drugs were involved.

No alcohol or drugs were involved.

Sorry for your loss and pain CGF.

Laura Bush (nee Welch) killed somebody the same way by running a stop sign. It is a tough call in this situation. I side with being lenient in this matter if nothing else jumps out (like drugs/alcohol/or repeat offense. Sadly nothing will ever bring your father-in-law back.

What became of the case... Was the teen a trouble maker... Had prior problems? Was there a problem with the sign? Was the teen just being a jerk?

I know one time I got pulled over for going through a stop sign... It was right in my own neighborhood! The officer was saying that they were enforcing it more because the neighbors were complaining about "people blowing the sign." I traveled and stop at this sign everyday... Sometimes multiple times... Just that one time I went through... I don't know what happened. I actually went back and looked at the sign and it was turned off from being perpendicular to the road... It was sorta parallel... Anyway the cop did NOT give me a citation... But I called the village and told them how the sign was turned and people may not be able to see it properly... I mean... I stop there all the time... Amazing how it being turned slightly, you just cruise right by it! Again, so sorry for your loss. :-(