Optimus Klein

Solomon Grundy

If the Bills are looking for a franchise QB they need look no further than Collin Klein of Kansas State. I've read comments from different posters that said he's another "Tim Tebow" or that he doesn't have any accuracy. They've also said he doesn't have the "big arm". All I can say is that if you check his stats and/or watch some of his highlights on YouTube, you will be able to see the talent for yourself. His pocket presence is excellent. He has more than enough arm strength and his accuracy looks better than advertised. He shows amazing leadership qualities hence the nickname "Optimus Klein". According to draft experts he can be had anywhere from the 2nd rd.-4th rd allowing the Bills to draft the LB they so desperately need. He's currently leading in the Heisman balloting and if we want some receivers he has a couple of his team that are pretty good also. Please watch highlights and post your opinions.

If the Bills are looking for a franchise QB they need look no further than Collin Klein of Kansas State. I've read comments from different posters that said he's another "Tim Tebow" or that he doesn't have any accuracy. They've also said he doesn't have the "big arm". All I can say is that if you check his stats and/or watch some of his highlights on YouTube, you will be able to see the talent for yourself. His pocket presence is excellent. He has more than enough arm strength and his accuracy looks better than advertised. He shows amazing leadership qualities hence the nickname "Optimus Klein". According to draft experts he can be had anywhere from the 2nd rd.-4th rd allowing the Bills to draft the LB they so desperately need. He's currently leading in the Heisman balloting and if we want some receivers he has a couple of his team that are pretty good also. Please watch highlights and post your opinions.

I will agree that he is definitely some one we should take a long hard look at & i think he is better than Tebow which is saying a lot because you will be hard pressed to find any one that will put as much heart into getting better than Tebow i think if the kid was given a true shot he could prove a lot of nay sayers wrong but thats another post ...

My first pick for us at QB is Tyler Wilson for the simple fact that he comes from the SEC which has better opponents to play against , then there is the Parcell rules to drafting a QB & Wilson fills all of them so if it was me i would say he is the best QB for the Bills !

And if i could add something to this i just pray we stay as far away from the USC QB Barkley as we possibly can , there's not a lot of QB's in the NFL past or present that can fortify an argument to draft a USC QB !!

He's had an awful arm the few games I've seen. Even in his statistically good WVU game he was just blowing throws all over, but his WRs were open enough to clean up his stat line - a few just waaaaaay off target. Fun college qb, not a pro.

He's up to what 2 straight games without a TD?

Disaster.

Edited by NoSaint

Your fourth sentence almost torpedoed your entire post.

Most posters here could give you a pretty long list of QBs who put up big stats but who didn't have the talent necessary to play in the NFL.

But did they have the youtube videos to match the stats?

Well the OP said "and/or" as if from looking at the stats one could legitimately evaluate the talent.

Anyways, here's a recent list of the all time NCAA passing leaders:

1. Timmy Chang, Hawaii: (2000-2004) 17,072 yards

2. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech (2005-2008)

3. Ty Detmer, BYU: (1988-91) 15,031

4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii: (2005-07) 14,193

5. Case Keenum, Houston: (2007-present) 13,586

6. Philip Rivers, North Carolina State: (2000-03) 13,484

7. Colt McCoy, Texas: (2004-2008) 12,253

8. Kevin Kolb, Houston: (2003-06) 12,964

9. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan: (2006-2009) 12,905

10. Tim Rattay, Louisiana Tech: (1997-99) 12,746

According to draft experts he can be had anywhere from the 2nd rd.-4th rd allowing the Bills to draft the LB they so desperately need. He's currently leading in the Heisman balloting and if we want some receivers he has a couple of his team that are pretty good also. Please watch highlights and post your opinions.

Potential franchise QBs dont last into the 2nd to 4th round. That shows serious red flags about the player.

Potential franchise QBs dont last into the 2nd to 4th round. That shows serious red flags about the player.

Yeah they usually don't.

I wonder if there will be any exceptions to that rule sprouting up anytime soon.

From the 2012 draft there are a lot of people who think that Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, or Russell Wilson could transcend their draft positions.

Well the OP said "and/or" as if from looking at the stats one could legitimately evaluate the talent.

Anyways, here's a recent list of the all time NCAA passing leaders:

1. Timmy Chang, Hawaii: (2000-2004) 17,072 yards

2. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech (2005-2008)

3. Ty Detmer, BYU: (1988-91) 15,031

4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii: (2005-07) 14,193

5. Case Keenum, Houston: (2007-present) 13,586

6. Philip Rivers, North Carolina State: (2000-03) 13,484

7. Colt McCoy, Texas: (2004-2008) 12,253

8. Kevin Kolb, Houston: (2003-06) 12,964

9. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan: (2006-2009) 12,905

10. Tim Rattay, Louisiana Tech: (1997-99) 12,746

I suppose, but if you disregard the "or" I don't remember any 90 second videos set to awesome rap songs about Timmy Chang - all great players have those, and I bet Optimus has one. Plus the name optimus shows up as a positive on nix's scouting report, of that I'm sure

Couple that with all 12 of kleins td throws this year, and that I'm almost positive he will eventually throw one in November and I think it's obvious he's the next 4th round franchise qb.

I suppose, but if you disregard the "or" I don't remember any 90 second videos set to awesome rap songs about Timmy Chang - all great players have those, and I bet Optimus has one. Plus the name optimus shows up as a positive on nix's scouting report, of that I'm sure

Couple that with all 12 of kleins td throws this year, and that I'm almost positive he will eventually throw one in November and I think it's obvious he's the next 4th round franchise qb.

the nickname is key. how can he fail with a name like Optimus Klein? Do you honestly think RGIII would be as good of a QB or drafted #2 if he was known as just plain Robert Griffin?

the nickname is key. how can he fail with a name like Optimus Klein? Do you honestly think RGIII would be as good of a QB or drafted #2 if he was known as just plain Robert Griffin?

Absolutely true. Because his nickname has latin origins I can already see his bust in Canton.

They could do a classical motif in the form of an oracular god.

I wonder how many first rounders it would take to move up for him.

Absolutely true. Because his nickname has latin origins I can already see his bust in Canton.

They could do a classical motif in the form of an oracular god.

I wonder how many first rounders it would take to move up for him.

I think we should be able to trade a package similar to the redskins deal to move into the first pick of the 4th round to make sure we get him. Just have to start losing so we have a high enough pick in the first to make the trade.

I think we should be able to trade a package similar to the redskins deal to move into the first pick of the 4th round to make sure we get him. Just have to start losing so we have a high enough pick in the first to make the trade.

I agree although I have to admit that much of time these days is spent hoping that Geno Smith doesn't get a nickname like Geno Augustus or something like that.

I'm afraid some of these highly-ranked QBs are gonna get nicknames to drive up their draft value.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.