RIP Jeff Kaye - NFL Films, WKBW, WBEN

That is so strange because while the new stadium was great I saw so many more fights there in the 70 s

sure there were fights back in the 70's, but they seemed a bit more isolated, confined, if there is such a thing. now, it seems like a bunch of teens , twentysomethings just out to get drunk, raise hell, maybe im sounding like an old fogey, but it did not seem as hostile back then as it does now.

There were tons of drunks at the games in the 70s. There is a lot of revisionist history going on on a number of threads.

I was deathly sick for the first MNF game in Buffalo when I was 11 in 1973, so I misssed that, but I went to the season opener the next year - MNF vs. the Raiders. Still one of the greatest games I've ever see. Two touchdowns from Fergy to Rashad in the last 2 minutes with three lead changes..................Meanwhile, my friends and I couldn't believe the drunk behind us could sleep through all this greatness!

How about the next year - guy walks the wire over the stadium - the field goal net wire.

Things were crazier in the 70s and 80s than they are now!

RIP Jeff

Even though Im old I remember the guy as a big fave of my older friends and older siblings.Big w the teenagers at the time.

At first I didnt remember the name--but then recognized the pic in 2 secs and brought it all back .

On the subj of the stadium back then--I remember it being full of drunks and assorted losers---very notably the first game ever in the stadium.AND--I havent been to a Bills game in about 35 years. So I cant compare. But as bad as it was back then--and it was packed w a-holes--it didnt seem out of control the way it is described today...

That is your opinion. I defer

I know you said you went to games back in those days. Do you still go?

Even though Im old I remember the guy as a big fave of my older friends and older siblings.Big w the teenagers at the time.

At first I didnt remember the name--but then recognized the pic in 2 secs and brought it all back .

On the subj of the stadium back then--I remember it being full of drunks and assorted losers---very notably the first game ever in the stadium.AND--I havent been to a Bills game in about 35 years. So I cant compare. But as bad as it was back then--and it was packed w a-holes--it didnt seem out of control the way it is described today...

How much worse can you get than a stadium packed with drunks, assorted losers and a-holes?

Hell ya when drunks are running across the roads and getting hit or dudes driving into folks leaving the game. Been going since 1964

And you think it's worse now?

Not even close in my opinion. You and i disagree .

Sure do. I didn't see a single fight on Thursday night now that I think about it..........I don't remember a night game ever without seeing a fight.

I've gone to at least one game a year since 1968 when I was 6, usually 2-3 up until 1986. I've had seasons since then.

Sure do. I didn't see a single fight on Thursday night now that I think about it..........I don't remember a night game ever without seeing a fight.

I've gone to at least one game a year since 1968 when I was 6, usually 2-3 up until 1986. I've had seasons since then.

I normally go to one game, in Buffalo, per season...I had season tickets from 1980-1987, and went to most games(about 4-5 per year) from 1973-1979...I don't know if it is worse now, but I certainly remember seeing some pretty ugly stuff in the 70's and 80's...now, to be fair, the game I go to every year, now, tends to be the last home game of the season, after another awful season...that probably doesn't bring out the highest caliber of fans... it is normally a holiday weekend of some sorts, and, as the team is bad, a fair number of attendees are there becasue tickets were extra cheap, and it is more of a party/event than an NFL football game atmosphere.

As much as I love football, it tends to bring out the ugliest behavior in fans, in comparison to other sports. I don't think it was any better in the "good old days"... part of the reason I loved going so much as a kid was the sort craziness in the stands...it was sort of an adrenaline rush...

I will say, I went to the Broncos game last Christmas Eve, and it was the first time I had seen so many people kicked out of the stadium (or, moreover, denied entrance) because they were absolutely loaded when they tried to enter.

And, FWIW, I don't think the ugly behavior is markedly worse in Buffalo than it is in other NFL cities. I have been to many road games, and seen pretty disturbing behavior pretty much everywhere. I am somebody who likes to have a few beers on game day too, so I am no pollyana.

Edited by Buftex