Just got back from "Lincoln"

dayman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly though for people who do not know, it's not a pure bio...it mainly tracks the passage of the 13th amendment .. the debate around it...the horse trading to get the votes...and Lincolns involvement in all that including possibly delaying quicker end to the civil war in order to make sure it passes (although it is unlikely the supposed "negotiated peace" would have been acceptable anyway). Well worth the watch. Several great performances in there btw besides just Day-Lewis...truly a star studded movie and about 19th century legislative politics.

Honestly though for people who do not know, it's not a pure bio...it mainly tracks the passage of the 13th amendment .. the debate around it...the horse trading to get the votes...and Lincolns involvement in all that including possibly delaying quicker end to the civil war in order to make sure it passes (although it is unlikely the supposed "negotiated peace" would have been acceptable anyway). Well worth the watch. Several great performances in there btw besides just Day-Lewis...truly a star studded movie and about 19th century legislative politics.

It was sold out last night so I have to wait. Was th "negotiated peace" the attempt before the election? I know the southern negiators were right across the Niagara river here in Canada and Lincoln did not take them serious at all. The Confederacy was just racists gone wild.

Thought it was very good. Would be interested to hear others thoughts. By my account, Day-Lewis has handed in yet another stunning character performance.

I can't believe you watch that crap. Oh boy, Twilight meets the Civil War!

I know you're just dying to tell us, so I'll bite. How many sexually ambiguous, emo vampires did Lincoln kill and who's your new teen heartthrob crush?