Man missing after Bills game found dead, per WGR

DPR4444

If you're suggesting the crying guy was the deceased, I know from reading the stories that the only Miami stuff the deceased was wearing was a Dolphins baseball cap.

No. I was implying it could have been the brother or somebody else? I know, I know... Stranger things have been known to happen! I caught the part too about what the deceased was wearing... Maybe he didn't have his coat on? Could have been anybody. Strange... Shadow Lane is a DEAD END... What the heck would people being doing down there... ESPECIALLY cutting through the steep creek area... If they are gonna get there... Wouldn't they walk to Big Tree first and then down Shadow Lane?

Google Map that area... Something is not right?

for the record I saw it. I didn't ignore it. Just did not comment. Tired of seeing the bills get blamed still.

Just say there is a group of 10 Bills fans getting rowdy around the one Fins fan... Who will security eject first? Just saying, the easy and lazy way out of that situation is gonna be to get rid of the one Fins fan, doing right or wrong. Mob mentality might have played into this. Again, if I am in an opposing stadium and alone... I try very hard not to get caught up in anything. Heck, if they swept the whole group... Some innocents might get caught up in the roundup! And they did nothing... Security is just taking bodies and getting them out of the situation... See what I am saying?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lack of urgency from the police leads me to believe there is almost zero chance of 'foul play'.

They would have immediately come out to the public desperate for any information. Methinks the authorities have a pretty clear picture of what happened and are waiting for testing, etc to confirm it.

Exiled,

Your first point goes on two assumptions:

A) the man was coherent enough to know how to get from point a to point b

B) he actually knows the geographic layout of the stadium and its surroundings

He lives about 5-10 miles from where I do. Not that it has much relevance but all those places, streets, landmarks, etc you mentioned meant nothing me. I go to about 1 game every 3-4 years and the only way I can figure any directions out (before cell phone GPS) was to look at the lot numbers in my way in and retrace my way from there. There is a good chance this guy

A) was inebriated to some level

B) had no idea where he was

Edited by inkman

the lack of urgency from the police leads me to believe there is almost zero chance of 'foul play'.

They would have immediately come out to the public desperate for any information. Methinks the authorities have a pretty clear picture of what happened and are waiting for testing, etc to confirm it.

you just never know until they tell us, and even then you dont 100% know.

The thing I find fascinating is the FATHER found the body... Unless I am reading it wrong... That is a big area... How did he know to look in there... It is thick (maybe not so much now with the leafs down)... But come on? What is the chance the father found him personally.

The guy crying... That is just strange... AND on the same no outlet road, bracketed by a creek with deep ravine structure:

I am jumping to conclusions here... BUT did somebody tip the father off? Say the brother. What was the brother wearing...

Maybe not foul play... But something tragic happened... Google earth that area... WTF went on? Fascinating what SACKMARINO said in post #18... You would think the investigators would wnat to know this?

Hey Hammer... Thanks for chiming in! That is right by you, right? Do you have a take on it. I understand if you can't talk!

All I heard was that he had a small wound on his head. I talked yesterday with a Bills employee and he got all defensive so I dropped it. I Think that area where he went over has no fence but I could be wrong. I'm wondering if he thought he was on the right path to DeMarco's crossover, which we know is not in that location. Buddy the Wonder Dog and I will check it out.

"Fan found dead after Bills game was ejected for disorderly conduct"

http://buffalonews.c.../121129926/1003

IMO... Something is fishy. The father personally found the body the next day in that remote area... That is a huge area around the stadium... Was he tipped off. I'd question the brother some more. Somebody is not saying something. Again, from what it looks like... There is only one way in off of Big Tree and one way out...

Also, I read an article where security usually takes the person's ticket and fills out an incident card... Did they do that?

Everything is getting so ticky tacky with ejections. Jacksonville is like a gulag... A few years ago in JAX, we left our seats to go stand and watch the game in the endzone patio bar area... My crazy brother gets a chick in the stands to lift her top... They have cameras all over the place and security swoops in and ejects the young lady... She wasn't even drunk! Either were we... My brother feels bad... LoL... And attempts to get himself ejected instead of the young lady... Security said no, she has to go! Gee Bro! Nice way to meet chicks! LoL... Jeeze Louise... Now I am babysitting my 45 year old brother... @ my job I gotta deal with clowns doing this on boats all summer long, I go away to take in a game and I am still dealing with it!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

IMO... Something is fishy. The father personally found the body the next day in that remote area... That is a huge area around the stadium... Was he tipped off. I'd question the brother some more. Somebody is not saying something. Again, from what it looks like... There is only one way in off of Big Tree and one way out...

Also, I read an article where security usually takes the person's ticket and fills out an incident card... Did they do that?

just like i said be patient to the "OMG HE WAS SO WASTED" crowd - i will say the same here. A simple explanation is that police probably didnt do much in the way of missing persons searching by early the next morning, while dad had probably been out there a good chunk of the night. Im not 100% familiar with the exact location where he was found vs how dedicated you would have to be searching the area to find him. I understand that generally it doesnt sound like the first place you would go, but in a quick sweep perhaps he just got lucky? heck, there are even ways to track down missing phones from other phones these days. could have lead him that direction.

definitely a story ill be keeping eyes on at this point, as I am very curious how it turns out.

Edited by NoSaint

An article I read earlier said that the father was either pinging his son's phone or getting info from the cops when they were pinging it. That's why he found him.

I still want to know how two brothers can talk on a cell phone at halftime. I can't get reception for stevestojan at that place!

An article I read earlier said that the father was either pinging his son's phone or getting info from the cops when they were pinging it. That's why he found him.

I still want to know how two brothers can talk on a cell phone at halftime. I can't get reception for stevestojan at that place!

This is a small but interesting detail. In all of my years of attending games, Ive never gotten a successful cell call in or out. Maybe a few text messages, but not calls. Perhaps they were sitting in the upper deck? Maybe reception is better up there?

This is a small but interesting detail. In all of my years of attending games, Ive never gotten a successful cell call in or out. Maybe a few text messages, but not calls. Perhaps they were sitting in the upper deck? Maybe reception is better up there?

That could be. But, two of my friends were arguing Thursday night because one never got the other ones text, and then we could see that it had failed. And, they were still outside at that point - one trying to steer the other to the tailgate he was at............When there are that many people that close, I've always experienced phones just not working......To have two of there's work, well I want to get on their cell plan!

I've seen huge differences in experience between carriers and such in my time attending special events.

That could be. But, two of my friends were arguing Thursday night because one never got the other ones text, and then we could see that it had failed. And, they were still outside at that point - one trying to steer the other to the tailgate he was at............When there are that many people that close, I've always experienced phones just not working......To have two of there's work, well I want to get on their cell plan!

Yeah ive had texts fail too. Weird.

I've seen huge differences in experience between carriers and such in my time attending special events.

True, true... Im not trying to come up with any conclusions. Just furthering the discussion. Lots of weird things with this story. Sad for the guy's family, but it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.