So that MLB trade....

NoSaint

d'Arnaud, Buck and Arencibia. Ones gotta go eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if Arencibia gets packaged in a deal for 1 more starting pitcher.

I don't see any problems in this trade. They received some very good prospects from the Jays in return. Escobar is an above average SS in this league. Amazing glove. 2 WAR in a bad year. Expect at least a 3-4 WAR minimum next year from him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Jays sources say its pretty much a done deal.

Reyes

Cabrera

Bautista

Encarnacion

That is an unbelievable top of the lineup. 2 switch hitters to boot. Jays are absolutely stacked. Probably the best combination of power, speed, OBP. Their speed is crazy deadly now with what they added with Marlins transaction (Reyes, Gose, Davis, Bonifacio, Lawrie). All they really need now is one more starting pitcher and I believe they have the best roster in the MLB on paper. They have so much depth in their farm system, still have atleast a top 10 farm after the Marlins deal. Jays are in great shape to start a dynasty going forward.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

There is a report out there right now that the Jays have signed Melky Cabrera....WOW

Yeah...but who are you getting? Juice or no juice? Melky had a nice run with the Yankees as a fourth outfielder. He became an MVP candidate with some assistance. Not sure what they signed him for but if they got him at a price more consistent with his pre-SF days he might be a steal.

EDIT: just saw 2 yrs and 16 million. not a terrible risk for the Jays at two years and, as above, upside is unknown.

Either way...Toronto doesn't appear to be messing around.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Did the jays also get Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle from the marlins as well?

Yes sir! The also acquired Bonifacio and Buck from the Marlins as well. I don't know what their plans for Buck are because now they have a surplus of catchers.

Now Toronto is getting melky? Granted he was juicing but he's still a quality player

Done deal.